Nani's To Do List

>> Friday, October 16, 2009

Ok, so my whole family knows that I am a compulsive list maker. I have lists that refer me to lists. I have a list for everything.....groceries, daily tasks, weekly tasks, monthly tasks, craft projects, books to read, blogs to write.....and the list (no pun intended) goes on.

And then I thought.....what if Nani had a to-do list? What would a 4-year old Disney-princess loving, preschool-going, ballet-dancing little girl possibly have on her list? I think, like mommy, she would have a couple of lists....one for mommy and one for daddy......and maybe even one for Nudgie.

But for fun, I think I'll start with Daddy's list.......



Nani's To-Do List for a day with Daddy....


Scam daddy into feeding me chocolate cake for breakfast and then tell mommy that it was Zoja's idea.



Reassure daddy that I really do like to wear matching socks and coordinated clothes.



Teach daddy how to finally do my hair the way mommy does and show him that combing my hair does not involve scissors and the use of words that I'm never supposed to say.



Show daddy the channels for Sproutlets and Disney so that I don't have to watch the Military Channel ever again.



Tell daddy that teaching me the ABCs does not include learning to spell the entire starting lineup for the Pittsburgh Penguins.
(Stupid Russian names....what 4-yr. old knows how to spell Fedotenko & Evgeni??)



Apologize to daddy for calling one of his favorite players Satan, when his real name is pronounced Sha-tan



Tell daddy that when I ask him to play with me & my Legos, that I really don't need to have a full-scale reproduction of a Blackhawk helicopter....a simple little house for my dolls will do just fine.



Show daddy that I finally learned to "Rock On"



Let daddy know where my favorite books are so that I don't get another bedtime story from the Army Times newspaper. (Once upon a time there was a soldier.....)



Apologize to God when Daddy asks me to pray for free happy hour after work.



Give daddy the biggest hug ever and tell him that he's still my favoritest daddy ever!

12 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading October 16, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

oh my stars that is hilarious! that was my childhood growing up in the airforce to a T right down to the daddy in uniform reading the military newspaper! lucky i was spared the military channel growing up, but growing up on a base is just the same :)

thanks for bringing back some great childhood memories!

The Four Week Vegan October 16, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

Sounds like a perfect day with daddy. I was laughing throughout - I'm sure being the manly marine daddy of two girlie-girls is not always easy for dad. One time when dd was about 3, she made daddy read her the crockpot cookbook for her bedtime story - it was hilarious.

Jodi October 16, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

That was funny! I am glad that she is teaching her daddy what a little girl really wants. rofl

Helene October 16, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

OMGoodness, that was just the cutest, most sweetest post!!! Nani is adorable and your husband is such a good sport! Was he seriously trying to cut her hair in that one pic?? And I love how she mispronounced that one player's name.

Jennifer Haas October 16, 2009 at 4:07 PM  

That is so sweet. She must really love her Daddy. He does look like a great one!!! We only have boys, but I would just love to see my husband with a little girl one day.

Happy late Anniversary by the way!!!

miranda October 16, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

Great post! I'm still really wiped out, although I'm not so sick anymore. Trying to rest alot, my mom is taking care of my kids during the weekdays, they come home when Joe gets off work and go back for bedtime. I'm starting to feel impatient and the need to get back to doing stuff, but hubby and my mom are encouraging me not too.
Thanks for asking!

Charity October 17, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

Thank you for reaching out to me. I know that this is what we are supposed to do it is just going to be such a hard road, emotionally, getting there. Thank you for your support. Not matter how upset I am about leaving here, I am still so incredibly excited about starting our Army life.

Anonymous February 17, 2010 at 2:08 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacey November 17, 2010 at 8:39 AM  

What a cute list! Thanks for linking up!

The Lazy Mom
visiting via Lazy Wed Walk from www.imalazymom.com

Jenilee November 18, 2010 at 8:15 AM  

this is such a cute post! love the daddy/daughter pictures!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries November 18, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

Such a sweet post...glad I stopped by on this lazy Wednesday's Walk! My best friend is a list maker, too! She never shops without her highlighter...you know, to properly cross things off her list! =)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP