>> Saturday, January 2, 2016
For those of you who have followed me, you know that this past Fall I did a Saving & Giving Challenge where I challenged myself not to compulsively shop for new craft supplies, books or clothes as well as declutter and give away as much as I could. It was about 50% successful on the spending front and 100% successful on the decluttering/giving front.
With the holidays, spending was out of control and decluttering was put on a hold. So now it's time to sit down and put that plan back into action.
So, I give you my January Goals:
- No purchasing of books, clothes, toys, craft supplies, unless I can use store credit or gift cards. Evaluate purchases that do not include food, toiletries, medication.
- Track spending & bills to help me start planning a better budget.
- Inventory what's in my freezer and use that to meal plan - using what's here & buying only necessary food items
- Declutter! Three target areas for this month are the bathroom cabinets, the storage cabinet in our family room and Christmas items.
- Consign or giveaway any items from decluttering challenge
- Start rebuilding savings accounts for the girls and our emergency fund. Return to plan of depositing My Marine's extra military pay.
- Work on business plan for my store. Add new items to inventory. Order business cards (using money from business sales). Make a plan for selling at craft fairs. Explore other options for marketing.
- Take the change jar to the bank to count & deposit.
And there it is......small & simple!
What about you? Do you have any goals for January?