Fall Break - Pumpkin Playdough

>> Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Nani is on break from school this week.  My Marine and I agreed that while we'll plan for some fun things for her to do, and although she's on break, we'll still continue to do some sort of school lessons with her in the morning.  It's usually just a few phonics or math sheets, but it's still some form of schooling.

So, for our fun activity today, I made pumpkin pie playdough.  I got the recipe from this blog - Along The Way.  She's got some other great activities too.  You really should go check her out!

****************************************
Ingredients:

2 cups of flour
1 cup of salt
2 tablespoons of cream of tarter
2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon of cinnamon (I used 2 tsp. so each of the girls had a turn at putting in the ingredients)
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 cups of water
12 drops of red food coloring and 30 drops of yellow food coloring


Next Steps:

Combine the dry ingredients in a nonstick saucepan.


 
Add the oil, water, and food coloring and stir until smooth.




Stir constantly with a rubber spatula, cook the mixture over medium heat until it forms a ball, about 3 to 4 minutes.

Turn the dough onto the counter, let it cool slightly.


Then knead the dough until it has a smooth texture, about 1 minute.



Let your imagination take over!




5 comments:

Helene October 27, 2010 at 7:52 PM  

I love it! What a great idea!

Mimi October 27, 2010 at 8:33 PM  

This rocks! I used to make great Kool Aid play dough for my kids, but this is the first that I've seen the pumpkin recipe.

I'm visiting from the Over 40 Bloggers group.

Mimi

Elle Belles Bows October 27, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

Looks like great fun there! Our apple scented is finally starting to dry out. So, we may move to pumpkin this week. Thanks for sharing! Kerri

Ash October 27, 2010 at 10:15 PM  

what a fun day for all :)

LeeAnn October 29, 2010 at 7:14 AM  

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing that. I love all things pumpkin, so we will be making some of that in our house very soon. It looks like your girls had a lot of fun with it!

Thanks for dropping by my blog today. This is the first time I have been over to your blog and I really like it. I am now following.

Happy Friday!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP