Eat, Shop, Clean?

>> Friday, August 7, 2009

So, after my pity party yesterday morning, I got a lot of hugs & support from my little blog community. Thanks everyone for the pick-me-ups! Shortly afterwards, I decided to put on my big girl panties and just deal with it. Usually, my way of "dealing with it" is to either eat, shop, or clean.

Eat? Yeah, that was pretty tempting -- especially with this sitting on my kitchen counter.


Shop? Shopping is what got me into this whole mess to begin with. As much as I feel the urge to go shopping at Old Navy for yet another black v-neck tshirt...I couldn't shop because....well....I'm broke and I know that as a recovering shopaholic, this would be an extremely dangerous time for me.

Clean? Well, overall the house isn't too bad -- if you turn a blind eye to this....


or this.....


So, I found other alternatives.......

Thanks to a post I found over at The Snail's Trail, Nani & I did this cute little craft yesterday afternoon.





After naptime, I heard giggling & laughter from behind my loveseat and caught this moment on film.


Then this morning, I met a dear friend of mine for storytime at Barnes & Noble (with free cookie afterwards!) and then went to the spray park down the street.





I don't know about you, but how can you be down when God has given me this.....







9 comments:

The Four Week Vegan August 7, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

That looks like quite the fun therapy session: painting, stories, and water play!

Lisa Anne August 7, 2009 at 3:41 PM  

That was a really great post. I'm a total shop-o-holic too. Not quite on teh road to recovery, even though I should be, because like you I am broke!! after reading all these cool DIY blogs, I want to go shopping at a thriftstore for great finds and I can't even do that. lol

I wish the site of my son would make me feel blessed. lol When he's asleep I feel that way, but when he's awake with his mouth, sometimes i feel cursed. Is that bad?

LOL

Christy Killoran August 7, 2009 at 4:49 PM  

Good for you for finding something fun to take your mind off of everything. That Barnes & Noble looks exactly like the one we went to in upstate NY a few weeks ago. I wish our local B&N was that cute.

Claudya Martinez August 7, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

I'm glad you are focusing on what you have that's good.

kw August 7, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

That turned out sooo pretty! The spray park looks super fun, I wish we had one!

Margaret aka: Fact Woman August 7, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

It looks like it was the perfect day!!! I love the spray park there and the Farmer's Market on Saturdays. I'm going for corn in the morning in fact.

Oh and, Tag, You're It. The instructions to this weekly game are posted on my blog. I hope you'll come out and play!

Mimi August 8, 2009 at 5:22 PM  

God has given me this...that's what it's all about. My boys are 17 & 14 and I'm still totally in love with being mom.

melaniet42 August 8, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

What fantastic artwork - sounds like a fun day!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments August 11, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

I had to hop over to one more post, before I get back to the house calling me! (I'd rather be here, but...)

It looks as if your girls have grown quite a bit from when they are with you in your profile pic. All our 3 are 3.5 years apart and had many giggling moments growing up...and still do! They get along so well and love to laugh with each other. Only recently have we heard some of the tall tales that the older one would tell the younger sibling... And with each, the younger ones always hung on every word.

How sweet your girls are in the pictures of them together.

And awesome art!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP