Not Me Monday!

>> Monday, October 12, 2009



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.



It's been awhile since I participated in a Not Me! Monday! I have to admit that I have missed it! I really haven't been keeping track this week, but I do have two Not Me's! that I will share for all to read!



This past Friday, My Marine, drove 5 hours to meet his best friend who was visiting our beautiful state. He was going to be spending the night and then drive back home the next morning. I was thoroughly excited about having the remote an evening to myself. I chose my movie, put on comfy jammies, made some popcorn and curled up under a blanket to watch a movie. I guess I was really involved in the movie...so involved that I didn't realize that I really made a mess of the popcorn. So, after the movie, I go up to bed and start to do my bedtime routine. As I'm preparing for bed, I feel a lump through my bra. I DID NOT immediately panic....thinking the worst. I DID NOT feel like a fool when I took off my jammie top and bra, and watched as half a bowl of popcorn fell out. I DID NOT still do a quick self-check.....and realize that the "lump" I felt was indeed half the bowl of popcorn that had dropped down my shirt. I DID NOT say a quick prayer of thanks and then decide that I needed to take a lesson from 14-month old Nudgie who is learning to feed herself -- SLOW DOWN!



My 2nd Not Me! happened last week after I met a friend for coffee. We left the Starbucks with only a few minutes to head over to pick up Nani at preschool. To save time, I DID NOT strap Nudgie into Nani's car seat, which is right behind the driver's seat. As we're driving along and I DID NOT look into the rear view mirror to talk to Nudgie - only to see that she's not in her car seat. I DID NOT slam on the brakes - nearly causing a 3-car pile up behind me - and go into panic mode because my first thought is that I left my baby at Starbucks! Then, I DID NOT hear Nudgie's sweet giggle and baby babble from behind my seat and THEN remember that I switched car seats. I DID NOT feel like the worst mom ever!



I AM NOT looking forward to a new week ahead!

8 comments:

Andrea October 12, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

Thanks for making me smile today, needed it!

Eliza October 12, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

Let's see...if we're saying the opposite, I'll say I sure hope you DO have a horrible week this week AND next week. ;)


My new blog is up, would love to have you visit!

Missy October 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

OK I confess, the car seat story actaully had me giggling...I've done the same thing!

Emilie October 12, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

Thanks for the laugh and for stopping by my blog!

Emilie @ Baby Loving Mama

Lauren October 12, 2009 at 7:12 PM  

Thanks for checking out our blog! You are a mommy after my own heart putting your girls in jammies, eating batter and WATCHING CHRISTMAS MOVIES! So it is ok to watch Christmas movies this early? GOOD!!! I better get started watching some with my girls. :)

Carrie October 12, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

Hi, Jennifer! What a cute blog! Your girls are precious! ;)

The Four Week Vegan October 13, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

I'm sure it was scary thinking you left your sweet one behind, but it made me giggle becasue I have NOT done something very similiar myself.

Unknown October 14, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

At least she was buckled! That is something I have NOT ever forgotten to do...

Thanks for the chuckle today! :-)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP