The Bachelorette -- Buckle Up Folks!

>> Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I couldn't wait for last night's premiere of The Bachelorette!


We had a quick dinner, gave the kids a quick bath, and then I settled down to check out the 25 guys who would entertain me for the next few weeks. 

First, I have to say that Ali looked absolutely pretty, but the stylist could have done a better job of dressing her and doing her hair!  But, really....the story of the evening is the guys.  This is America's first impression of them.  Screw this up and I'll be mocking you for the rest of the season.  (And by the way - did anyone see them all in the limo getting their drink on with blue plastic cups?  In The Bachelor, the girls are drinking champagne from crystal, and these guys get Walmart-ware - not to mention that when they are pulling up, they're cheering like they're going to a frat party!)

So, in retrospect, a few guys just totally slid under the radar, but there were a few that really made me wonder how far they were going to get.

Here's a few of my thoughts on a few of our young suitors:

Jesse
I think he lost some points when he approached Ali and the first words out of his mouth were
"How do you feel about dating a Peculiar man?" 
Huh?? 
It seems that the town he was from was called "Peculiar". 
Nice try Opie and you still got a rose!



Justin aka "Rated-R"
He's an "entertainment wrestler" which means that the local McDonald's probably wasn't hiring at the time he was looking for a job.
He did score some sympathy points when he showed up in a cast and crutches. 
And after being voted as the "One Most Likely Not To Be There For The Right Reasons", Ali did give him a rose and a second chance.
While he's nice on the eyes, I just don't see Ali hooking up with a wrestler -- although it could make for some interesting role playing.



Kyle
While I was kinda routing for him at the beginning because he literally lives in a town about 45 minutes away from me, he lost major points with me when he got out of the limo and pretended to reel her in like a fish.
And then later hands her a fishing hook.
At least it looked like it was gold.
No rose for you!



Frank
Who apparently had trouble finding the door of the limo and crawled out through the sunroof.
Got a rose.



Roberto
The hot, Latin, salsa-dancing insurance agent.
Enough said!
Also received the First Impression Rose
Go Ali!!



Jonathan
The Texan weatherman.  Very cute, easy on the eyes, but likes to talk -- a lot
Got a rose



Tyler
He's in catering and came out of the limo wearing cowboy boots.
Turns out that he was wearing the cowboy boots for the wrong reasons
Tyler to Ali: "I wore these cowboy boots for you since you wore them when you met Jake for the first time."
Ali: " Ummmm.....I wasn't wearing cowboy boots"
No rose for you!



Derek
This guy just gets out of the limo and throws leaves at Ali. 
There she is standing there with this giant leaf stuck to her hair.
Nice going, dude.  Why don't you throw rocks next time?
No rose for you!



Derrick
Gets out of the limo and doesn't even introduce himself properly.
"Just call me "Shooter" and I'll tell you about it later", he says with a leer.
Turns out that the nickname was because of an "unfortunate timing incident" back in college.
Ali - sweetie - do you really want this guy for your husband??
No rose for you!



Ty
Very sweet and full of Southern charm.  I'm kinda pulling for him too.
Got a rose.



Hunter
Practically ran out the limo looking for a bathroom.
Ali: "It's down the hall to the right!"
Got a rose



Jason
Another of my favorites and another hometown boy.
I'm still a little unsure about the backflip he did off the roof of the limo
No rose for you.

My gut is going with Roberto - but we shall see.  The sneak peek previews look pretty darn interesting!  So buckle up folks!  We're goin' in!

5 comments:

Helene May 25, 2010 at 9:40 AM  

You are too funny! I missed bits and pieces of the show due to my children constantly coming down the stairs after bedtime to ask for drinks of water, another hug and world peace.

I did like Roberto...very sexy! And the shooter dude..I had to laugh when he admitted to the camera, "Uh, it may be a little early to tell her this...", seems his "shooting" isn't the only thing that's premature. I mean, telling a girl something that personal and embarrassing when you've barely known her for maybe 15 minutes, on national tv no doubt...did he honestly think he was gonna get a rose? I'll bet she wrote him off as soon as he told her that.

I thought Casey was pretty cute but it looks like he's got some emotional issues he'll deal with later in the show.

Looks like we're in for some serious drama this season..and of course we'll both be glued to our tv sets on Mon evenings!

One Photo May 25, 2010 at 12:05 PM  

I made a decision NOT to watch this series as if I start I cannot stop, even knowing it is all so staged and phoney these days and I did not take to the new Bachelorette - but now I can get a quick update here every week which is great!

KMServino May 25, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

Thanks for coming by. Your post cracked me up too. I love how you say "no rose for you" it reminds me of Seinfield and the soup kitchen - "no soup for you!". Anyway, I'll follow and look forward to sharing Bachelorette Tuesdays!

Connie May 25, 2010 at 5:01 PM  

Great recap...with pics!!

I'm thinking Roberto makes it far too.

Vanessa May 25, 2010 at 9:59 PM  

I am already Team Roberto, baby! :-D And Frank, eh. Justin?? Why didn't she listen to the 24 other guys who voted him OUT?

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP