Maternity Underwear Mummies

>> Monday, October 3, 2011

So, I had some time on my hands while my computer was down.  I decided that I needed to keep my hands busy - and shoving chocolate into my mouth was not an option.  So, I did the next best thing......I crafted.

First up -- Maternity Mummies

Ever wonder what crazy things you could do with all those vases you have cluttering up the garage?  Or what about all those extra pair of gauzy maternity underwear the hospital sends you home with after you've had your baby?  What a combination the two make!

All you need is some maternity underwear (unused, of course), a vase, a hot glue gun and some google eyes.  Just wrap and glue!  (Watch out for glue gun burns!)


I like using the gauze a little better because it stretches easily and fits over the top of the vase.  I tried this with recycled ACE bandages, but it didn't work as well.  It just looked like a vase wrapped in an ACE bandage.

And never would I have imagined recycling maternity underwear this way!

7 comments:

Kara @ His, Hers and Ours October 12, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

Never in a million, gazillion years would I have put these two items together, but I LOVE it!!

So creative, and cute! (And who'da thunk maternity underwear could ever be cute!! lol

Christianne @ Little Page Turners October 12, 2010 at 8:09 PM  

That is too hilarious. I'm not sure I could ever walk past them and keep a straight face! Brilliant. :)

Amy {The Idea Room} October 12, 2010 at 9:20 PM  

LOL! That is cracking me up! No one will ever suspect. That is the perfect use for them. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I really appreciate it!

Maternity Dress October 13, 2010 at 6:23 AM  

They look absolutely fantastic! Definately have to have a go at that, the kids would love them

Amber October 14, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

I will echo everyone's sentiments...never would have put these two together, but they are too cute!!!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments September 30, 2011 at 8:43 PM  

...stopping by to let you know that one of your comments was drawn for the $50 NOVICA gift certificate!!!

Please leave a comment on my post to let me know if you are still interested!

Blessings & Aloha!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP