Handmade Christmas T-Shirts

>> Tuesday, December 7, 2010

This past weekend we attended our Battalion's Christmas party - which was so much fun!  And I'll be posting some pictures in the next few days!

The invitation stated "holiday dress" - which could be interpreted in so many ways.  I wasn't about to drag out the glitter dress, but I wanted something fun and festive!  So, for the girls, I decided to make reindeer t-shirts using their hand & foot prints.

I pretty much bought Old Navy out of their red, green, and white long-sleeved tshirts!  Then I bought some brown and gold glitter fabric paint, velcro dots, large google eyes, and sparkly red pom-poms.  And on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, we went to work!

(You'll notice that the finished tshirts are actually red - and not green as shown in the pictures.  And that's because we decided that we needed to do them again after Nani lost her balance and added another brown footprint across Rudolph's face!)









I added velcro dots to the tshirt and velcroed on the eyes and nose.
Makes for easy removal for washing too!

The girls wearing their t-shirts at the Christmas party.
We got lots of comments on them!

And not to be left out - mommy had to make a t-shirt of her own to wear too!  I came across the blog, The Paisley Abbey that same weekend.  Courtney did a post about an appliqued t-shirt that she made and as a bonus, she was giving away a copy of the template so that you could make your own.  I jumped right on that and emailed her and received my pattern right away.  You can find that post here.  So, here's my version of Courtney's t-shirt!



Thanks for sharing Courtney!  I got a ton of compliments on this t-shirt too!

And happily I discovered the wonderful product of Heat and Bond!  Oh, the things I can make with this!

11 comments:

Anonymous December 7, 2010 at 4:13 AM  

Very Cute! Thanks for sharing your great projects. I am going to have to make some adorable shirts for my kids. Great Holiday Project.
Brooke
thecraftcave.blogspot.com

Melissa December 7, 2010 at 9:06 AM  

Soo cute, love it and a great project for kids!

Unknown December 7, 2010 at 9:30 AM  

Feet shirts! How cute!
http://realmomreviews.blogspot.com/
Following your blog! Please follow back!
If you could follow me on Facebook, that would be awesome too!!
http://www.facebook.com/RealMomReviews
Thanks for your time!
Skye

Unknown December 7, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

very cute and looks like a lot of fun! i am your newest follower from the hop please follow me back at http://mizzreviewlady-mommyreviews.blogspot.com/ thanks!

Anonymous December 8, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

very cute projects!

Camp Isaac Mama December 9, 2010 at 4:56 AM  

I'm totally borrowing the idea and turning them into ornaments!! I love love love it! Tooooo cute!

RedTedArt December 10, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

Oh wow! You did well - not a smudge in sight! And looks like your girls loved doing the craft! FAB!!!


I would LOVE for you to join us at Kids Get Crafty (every Wednesday on Red Ted Art) - current link up http://www.redtedart.com/2010/12/08/kids-get-crafty-nikolaus-sterne-or-santa-stars/

Hope to see you there!

Maggy

Tracey M. December 12, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

These shirts are just adorable! I love the reindeer, I think that's my favorite.

Courtney December 16, 2010 at 9:27 PM  

I loved how they all turned out! Great job!!
:)
Courtney
ThePaisleyAbbey

The Paisley Abbey December 16, 2010 at 9:29 PM  

The all turned out great! Thank you for posting the pictures. Have a wonderful Christmas!
:)
Courtney
ThePaisleyAbbey.com

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP