My Favorite Things......

>> Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christy over at Superheroes and Princesses recently did a post about her favorite Christmas things.  I love stuff like this - and I've been so busy with Nani's school activities, her birthday, and other craziness of the season that I just haven't had the time to sit down and write lately.  So, I'm going to borrow Christy's idea and share with you some of my favorite things!

(If you get the chance to visit Christy's blog, please stop by for a visit!  She's an incredibly creative mom and has some fantastic ideas and activities for the kids!)

*******************************************************


Christmas Song:  I have a few actually.  "The Little Drummer Boy" by the Vienna Boys Choir is tops on the list.  But any version (done well) can make me cry.  The message of such a simple gift for our Lord is so strong in this song.  I just love it.  I also love "The First Noel".  This was the first Christmas song I sung to Nani after she was born.  I remember just holding her and walking around our kitchen singing this song to her.  Another is "Silent Night" - I have a favorite that is actually sung in Croatian that just gives me goosebumps!  And finally, "Silver Bells" - just because it conveys the fun and busyness of the season.

Tradition:  We have quite a few and I'll be writing a post on this shortly.  But with regards to our tree - there is one ornament that must go on first every year.  It's a hand-blown heart with a dove.  It was the first ornament we bought after we got married - and it's always the first ornament on the tree.  We also have ornaments with the girls' pictures in them and add to those every year.

Gift To Give:  This year I'm excited to be giving homemade gifts.  In the past I liked to give gifts from everyone's wish list, but this year we're focusing more on handmade gifts.  (I hope everyone likes them!)

Gift to Receive:  My engagement ring.  My Marine proposed on Christmas Day.  Nani.  She was born on 12/10.  My Winnie-the-Pooh blanket my daddy got me one Christmas.  After that - chocolate, Starbucks cards, fuzzy socks, jammy pants.

Christmas Movie:  "It's A Wonderful Life", "Christmas Vacation", "Mrs. Santa Claus", "A Christmas Story", and "A Christmas Carol" - both with Patrick Stewart and the Muppets.  Those are my MUST WATCH movies during Christmas!!

Christmas Cartoon:  "A Year Without a Santa Claus" - I just LOVE Heat Miser and Snow Miser!

Christmas Book for Children:   "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

Christmas Dessert:  There's dessert??  I just eat all my cookies!

Christmas Cookie:   Lemon drops

Ornament:  There isn't just one that I can pick.  Each one on our tree has a special meaning or a story behind it.

What about you?  Do you have any Christmas favorites?  I hope you'll share!!

2 comments:

Christy Killoran December 16, 2010 at 7:14 AM  

I love all of your favorite things!
Thanks for your sweet words and the link!

MaryAnne December 16, 2010 at 3:49 PM  

I LOVE "Silent Night". And all of the Vienna Boys Choir's Christmas music is wonderful.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP