Tot School - Letter C

>> Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tot School
(Nudgie is 33 months old)
 
(To see what others are doing at Tot School, click on the "Tot School" above!)
 
**************************************
 

I realize that I haven't done any Tot School posts since before Valentine's Day.  That doesn't mean that we haven't been learning and playing......I'll be honest - it just meant that I was just too lazy to do a post.  But it's time to get back into the swing of things -- especially since I've got some great themes planned and can't wait to share them!

In the meantime, we've been doing a bit of a recap on our letters.  This past week was a review of the letter "C"

I put up our felt board with the letter C and then gave Nudgie a muffin tin with magnet letter C's and magnet circles.  She spent quite a bit of time sorting them out, showing me each one and correctly identifying the letter and the shape.


And what letter C lesson wouldn't be complete without cookies?

Nudgie colored her Cookie Monster coloring sheet.....



We did a Cookie Monster toilet paper roll craft.  (I'm still convinced Nudgie is the reincarnation of Picasso -- especially when you see her completed Cookie Monster!)



We read "Mr. Cookie Baker" and played with our Melissa and Doug Slice and Bake Cookie set.




A little later in the afternoon, we thought we'd surprise Daddy and make him some real cookies.  We didn't get nearly as many as we should have since Nudgie decided to sneak away and eat the dough before we actually got a chance to bake a full dozen.



Overall, a pretty fun week!!  Hope everyone has a great week!


****************************************************

6 comments:

MaryAnne May 15, 2011 at 11:27 AM  

Smart Nudgie to go sneak cookies =)

Love her cookie monster - very Picasso-like! =)

Sarah May 15, 2011 at 12:22 PM  

What a great way to do C! I love the cookies :D

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews May 15, 2011 at 1:00 PM  

Adorable!

I just found your blog through the Swingin by Sunday blog hop! Can't wait to read more. Have a great week.

Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

Two Shades of Pink May 16, 2011 at 8:02 AM  

I love your C lesson! So inspiring! I am so going to start doing this kind of thing withmy younger daughter when my oldest is at school. You are so smart!

Stefanie May 16, 2011 at 8:30 AM  

Welcome back to blog land. I go through spurts myself.

Cookies is always a great theme!!

Just popping in from tot school.

Amanda May 16, 2011 at 1:29 PM  

You had a busy week yourself! It often takes me a couple weeks to cover a letter of the alphabet. I loved the cookies-- I'm going to go add that to our wish list. Thanks for visiting! :)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP