Is It August Already?

>> Monday, August 1, 2011

Can someone please tell me where the summer went?

Last night I turned my calendar over to August and practically cried because my baby only has 3 more weeks of summer vacation before she starts FIRST GRADE!

Where has the summer gone?  I didn't do nearly all the fun things I had planned.  It's just been an "OK" summer here.  Chalk it up to a combination of My Marine being gone all summer long and this stupid heat that has just been sucking the life out of me.  I haven't really blogged all summer.  My Facebook time has been limited.  And to be honest -- I haven't missed it.  I had no desire to write.  It was just another thing on my to-do list.

Anyway, back to the fact that time is just slipping away in a blink of an eye.  I hate my calendar.  It's a reminder to me that my baby girl is growing up.  But I still have 3 weeks left.  3 weeks where I can still make sure my girls have a fun summer.  3 weeks where hopefully My Marine will be home for a few days so that he can enjoy some of these summer days with our girls.

Now I'm off to reheat my coffee and see what the day will bring!

4 comments:

Christy Killoran August 1, 2011 at 10:38 AM  

Summer is going by way too fast! My kids don't start school until after Labor Day, so we have a bit more time.

Vivian Kirkfield August 1, 2011 at 11:57 PM  

Hi Jennifer,
First of all, thanks for buying a copy of Show Me How! Maybe you will have some great activities to end the last few weeks of summer with. :)
I think everyone feels the same way...the summer has flown by, it has been so unseasonably hot here in Colorado, and I also have not been as faithful as I had been with my blog posts...I am hoping to get back to writing more frequently...I went from writing EVERY day to writing just once a week...I miss the writing and the connecting with others...but I just have not had the time with all of the book/children's reading and crafting events going on. I hope we can connect in person at some point in time. :)

Stephanie August 6, 2011 at 11:49 AM  

Hi,
Found your blog while searching...yours is the first I found that I can relate to being a seasoned army wife. My hubby comes home next week and we'll have about a week before our first of three starts kindergarten. I hope you enjoy your last few weeks with your precious family as well!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP