End of the Week Thoughts

>> Friday, September 9, 2011

A few random thoughts on a Friday night:

*  Only My Marine would come up to me at 9pm on a Friday night to tell me that he needs a flight suit washed for tomorrow.  Really?

*  Why is it that on the one day that I really and truly need to get a ton of errands done, Nudgie decides to puke milk and oatmeal all over herself and her car seat?  And that it has an uncanny way of finding it's way into every single nook and cranny of the car seat and the car itself.

*  Someone needs to remind me again to close the family room window when the front yard sprinklers go on.  And someone needs to remind a certain husband that he needs to readjust said sprinklers.

*  I hate tennis.  And I hate it even more when it pre-empts Dr. Phil.  Don't judge me.  It's my guilty pleasure and I'm not apologizing for it.

*  I should also say that some of my other guilty pleasures are Bachelor Pad, Dance Moms, and any other reality show that doesn't require me to think about folding laundry, feeding the dog, or that I have children.

*  Pumpkin Spice Latte with 2 pumps of White Mocha.  That is all.

*  This week, while teaching Nudgie that "M is for Mouse", we had an unplanned learning experience when the mouse that has taken up residence in our home decided to make an appearance as we were ironically reading "A House for Mouse".  Imagine my delight (insert sarcasm here), when my daughter finally associated the letter M with Mouse, while squealing, "Awwwww.....so cute mommy......"  And the dog just sat there and watched as it ran across her nose.

*  My 6-yr. old first grader was ogled by a much older 5th grader at a recent back to school picnic.  As we were sitting on a blanket, enjoying our picnic dinner.  Two boys walked by, and did a double-take of my daughter.  Did I mention that she's 6?  The one boy elbowed the other, pointed to my daughter and said, "Wow....she's pretty."  God help me!

I kept thinking - just keep on walking son....and eyes forward.  I can see it now -- in about 12 years.  Nani and her date sitting in the car in our driveway and her date asking her, "Is that your dad on the roof with night vision goggles"  And sweet Nani will reply, "No, that's just Uncle So-and-So.  My daddy's in the bushes with the sniper rifle."

The joys of being the daughter of a military dad!


So, how about you?  Any random thoughts on a Friday night?

7 comments:

MaryAnne September 9, 2011 at 10:42 PM  

Sounds like quite a week!

I'm sitting in the Phoenix airport on my way home from my grandpa's funeral. I'm very grateful I could go, but it involved 5 flights within 40 hours, including this one where I land at 9am. And then Mike leaves for France for work at 2pm and I have sleep deprivation and three kids all by myself!

I worry about the ogling, too.

Natalie PlanetSmarty September 9, 2011 at 10:44 PM  

Haha on the last thought. You meant about 7 years from now, right? I am not looking forward to teenage years!

Ioana September 10, 2011 at 4:43 AM  

=)) haha. the last one was really funny.

Aleacia September 10, 2011 at 9:09 AM  

LOL, you are NOT alone in your thoughts!
*I think your first one should read, only a MAN would ask for work clothes washed at 9pm
*Pumpkin Spice Latte season is what I live for
*When I was receiving visitors in the hospital after my first daughter was born my husband and all of the uncles were gathered around my sweet girl's bassinet already discussing how to take care of future suitors...really!?

Thanks so much for linking up to Flutter By Fridays, hope to see you next week! *Following!*
~Aleacia@I'm Bloggin'

Becca September 10, 2011 at 3:00 PM  

Ha! Aww...so glad I found your super sweet blog! What a precious family you have, and you can't feel bad about Dr. Phil because what would that mean I am supposed to be feeling for Friends re-runs...At least you are current :) Happy weekend!

Danifred September 10, 2011 at 4:24 PM  

So with you on the Bachelor Pad and Pumpkin Spice Latte. Ah, the little guilty pleasures in life!!!

(And yes, tennis SUCKS!)

Shiloh September 14, 2011 at 1:20 PM  

Haha, I love the sniper rifle!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP