First Day of Fall!!

>> Friday, September 23, 2011

I am such a happy girl!  Today is the first day of fall!  You can feel it in the air -- the cooler temperatures at night....the crisp cool air in the morning.  The days still fluctuate with warmer temperatures right now -- but hey -- I'll take what I can get!!

Last night I started on a new craft project.  My vision isn't complete yet, but here's a sneek peek --


I made this from these:

Plastic megaphones - found in the $1 section of Michael's -- on clearance for .09/each!!
AND they are a LOT cheaper than the floral foam cones!

I have to admit that it didn't go as smoothly as I expected at first.  The yarn kept slipping until I pulled out my handy-dandy glue gun and strategically placed strips of hot glue around it.  I still have about 3-4 to make!

I also pulled out my fall decorations this week.  This year, I opted to lighten up on the Halloween decortions and stick with a general "fall" theme.....that way I can just keep them up through Thanksgiving. 

1st living room endtable

2nd living room endtable

Kitchen table
(Pumpkins courtesy of The Dollar Tree)

Kitchen window sill
Power room - #1

Power room #2
(I still have to finish up the project with the black and orange cauldron)

How do you bring in the fall?

2 comments:

Stephanie September 23, 2011 at 9:15 AM  

I love your decorations. I don't really decorate for fall, but now I think I should. =)

MaryAnne September 24, 2011 at 8:26 AM  

I love all of your decorations - so fun!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP