Halloween Decorating

>> Thursday, October 20, 2011

I really don't like Halloween.  I much prefer to do a general "fall" decorating.  But this year, I decided to add a little "something" to the front yard. 

We have a small tree in the front yard and I thought it would be cute to have some dancing ghosts around it. 

I picked up the dowel rods and foam balls at Hobby Lobby on sale.  The sheets were a combination of sheets I had in my scrap pile and sheets that I picked up at Goodwill for $1.

The girls helped daddy pound the rods into the ground.


Then we put the foam balls on the rods. 


After we got them on, we thought they looked a little too small for what we wanted.  So we ended up stuffing some plastic bags and wrapping them around the foam balls to make the heads a little bigger.


After draping the sheets, we each had a ghost to decorate.




And our dancing ghosts!!


We still felt that we needed a little something "extra", so My Marine added a black light to the mix.  I just LOVE the effect!!



2 comments:

StephieD October 20, 2011 at 3:47 PM  

Oh. MY. GOSH! Those are so super cute!!! I'm so bookmarking this for next year! :)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP