Prayer Rocks

>> Friday, November 4, 2011

Don't Forget To Sign Your Kiddos Up For The
2011 Kiddie Christmas Card Exchange!
To sign up, click HERE

*****************************************************

Last month, I had a fabulous "Girl's Night In" with my good friends Robin and Stephanie.  We met at Robin's house and over coffee and pumpkin bread talked and laughed about everything ranging from Sister Wives to our experiences at Women of Faith.  It was a great evening and one that we vowed to try to continue on a monthly basis.

Last night was my turn to host and I told the girls that they had to come in pajamas too!  I brewed a pot of pumpkin spice coffee and made this AWESOME almond-peach cake that I found while wasting time on Pinterest looking for recipes.  (The recipe called for canned cherries, but I made it with peaches instead....and OH MY YUM!!) 

Sorry -- where was I?  (Wiping drool from my face....)  Oh yeah.....Girls Night In.

So coffee and cake were made and the girls showed up.  I wanted to do something a little different, so I thought it would be fun to do a craft.  For about a year now, I've been wanting to do prayer rocks.  I had all the supplies in a bag sitting in my basement for that long.  You know - the proverbial "I'll get around to it". 

Well last night, I pulled out that bag - complete with rocks, baskets, ribbon and silver Sharpies.  And so, over coffee and cake, we wrote inspirational words on our rocks and talked about why we were writing them.  It was so much fun as we all searched for the perfect rock and the perfect word.  One of us would say a word and the rest of us were like, "Oh, that's a good one....." and proceed to "borrow" it.

In the end, it was a great evening with great results.  (Stephanie left before I could take a picture of her basket.)



We all chose words such as pray, trust, faith, hope, health, acceptance, grace, glory, love, and more.

I'm really happy with how they turned out.  As Robin was leaving last night, she mentioned that she might do something similar for her boys.  And I thought -- that's a GREAT idea.  So, I think that's one project I may do with the girls this weekend!!  (Thanks for the idea Robin!)

And I'm already looking forward to next month's gathering!!!

2 comments:

MaryAnne November 4, 2011 at 7:51 AM  

What a fun night! And I agree, perfect for kids too.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP