"Please Excuse the Mess" Door Wreath

>> Thursday, January 26, 2012

I love, love, love that quote - "Please Excuse the Mess, Children Making Memories".  I've seen wall hangings with that quote -- and there are some cute ones out there.  I didn't want a wall hanging though.  I wanted something to stand out....something that you would see right away as you entered our home.  So I thought about how I could turn this into a wreath.

I think I succeeded!


Our front door is a dark green.  I wanted something that would look good on the door but yet still express that we had kids in the house.  And you can't go wrong with primary colors!

I took a foam wreath form and wrapped it with a base of white yarn and then wrapped individual strands of primary colored yarn once around it.



I had these wood plaques that I was going to use for another project, but I didn't use them, so they were still sitting around.  I painted them green.


Then, using some letter stickers and other embellishments from my massive stash, I spelled out the quote over the two plaques.  A couple of crayons and a little hot glue and viola!  Adorable front door wreath!


So now that it's officially on my door - that gives me a pass for skipping the housework......right??







Linking up at "A Crafty Soiree"
 




HookingupwithHoH

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP