Thanksgiving - Deployment Style

>> Friday, January 4, 2013

I know this is a little late....ok, a lot late...but I just wasn't in much of a blogging mood over the holidays.  But lately, the bug has bitten and I have some posts to catch up on. 

So with the holidays almost over, I can proudly say that I made it through the holidays....and I made it through Thanksgiving without My Marine......and my kids are still alive!

We kicked off the holiday weekend on Tuesday with "Grandparents Day" at Nani's school.  I know I am not a grandparent, but I still got to go and represent!  Nani was so thrilled that I was able to join her for lunch.  As we were standing in line, she was giving me the low-down on how to go through the lunchline:

"First you need to use the clean-hand stuff....then you get to pick your milk.  Here mommy, have strawberry milk because that's my favorite.  Then you get to pick your lunch.  Oooohhh!!  Spaghetti!!  Do you want a salad mommy?  Here's where we can pick the extra stuff, but I don't do that because I have to pay extra.  Now we get to pick dessert.....do you want grapes or peaches mommy?  I like grapes so you can have the peaches!  I can put my lunch number in all by myself!  See!"

My head was spinning before I could even sit down!  (And the strawberry milk was pretty damn good!)

Starting on Wednesday, we dressed in pj's and sweats all weekend long and barely left the house. 

On Wednesday, Nudgie helped me make our pies.  Nani was "tired" so she was "resting" in her room -- which involved watching multiple episodes of iCarly on my Kindle.  It seems that Nudgie couldn't wait to eat the pie and had to check to make sure 1) it was done and 2) that it was edible.


Caught you!!!

Sorry Mommy!
Thanksgiving Day brought much of the same.  We stayed in jammies all day.  I made some homemade cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting and we cuddled on the couch and watched the parade.  I made dinner at home -- just a small turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn and gravy.  We even put our Flat Daddy at the table and set a place for him.



But....I swear, my kitchen knew that My Marine was gone because everything just didn't taste the same.  A little after dinner, we went to my good friend's house for dessert.  Her husband is deployed with mine and she stayed home with her kids too.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday brought more hanging out in jammies, finishing decorating, eating leftovers, movie-watching, and crafting.

Overall, it was a pretty good weekend.....in spite of......

And I can't believe I'm saying this....but I'm sad that the girls had to go back to school!

0 comments:

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP