Not Me! Monday

>> Monday, May 11, 2009



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


So....this past week......

I did not Febreze my two dogs because I wasn't in the mood to give them both baths. I would never wonder if I could get away with doing that with the girls.

I did not reheat a cup of coffee that was 6 hours old because I didn't want to make a new pot.

I did not run the dishwasher a second time because I was too lazy to unload it and put the dishes away. I did not secretly hope that my husband would do that for me.

I did not pull my stove away from the wall with good intentions of mopping the floor and then push it back again, silently telling myself it can wait another day. I did not tell myself that cleaning behind the stove was going to take more than a couple Clorox wipes. I did not feel guilty about the dirty floor, pull the stove out and then scrub the floor on my hands and knees.

I did not leave the girls upstairs after their naps for another five minutes so I could finish cleaning my kitchen....and then discover that five minutes quickly turned into an hour.

I am not a closet slob. I always take my laundry out of the dryer right away, fold it and rush upstairs to put it all away. I never leave my clean laundry on the floor, saying that I'll put it away in the morning, and then come next laundry day become confused over whether that pile is clean or dirty.

I was not disappointed that I had to miss a park day picnic with some friends because I had to sit at home and wait for the utility people to locate cables & pipes in my backyard before we relandscape. I was not irritated because they showed up four hours late and were only there for about 5 minutes.

I really am not looking forward to this little form of therapy every Monday!

2 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged May 11, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

Febreeze the dogs!??! That was priceless!

Jenny May 11, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

Trying to figure out if laundry is clean or dirty is half the fun, right?

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP