Not Me! Monday

>> Monday, May 25, 2009



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


This week has been a little stressful here in the Toy Box Household. Between My Marine working late nights to get ready for vacation, Nani's last day of preschool, our new yard, and yes -- Nani's 911 call, it's amazing that I still have my sanity!

Where do I even begin?!

I did not become so overwhelmed by all the Not Me! entries this past week that I just decided to read every 5th post.

I did not become overly emotional at Nani's last day of preschool. I was not incredibly proud of her for completing her first year of preschool. I will not be forever grateful to her first teachers, Mrs. L. and Mrs. W. for starting her on the road of education.

I did not become panicked this past weekend with the fact that we leaving for vacation tomorrow morning. I do not feel like I'm forgetting something. I am not worried about my geriatric German Shepherd being left behind. I have not scheduled petsitters to come in three times a day to look in on her and give her some love. I did not make arrangement with our vet "just in case." I did not pack my wireless internet connection so that I can still use my laptop while visiting my parents and mother-in-law. I am not amazed that I still found time to write a Not Me! post!



I did not panic at the thought of buying a new bathing suit for our vacation. I did not picture everyone laughing at me in said bathing suit. I did not cry in the dressing room as I tried on suit after suit and finally decided on a black tankini. I did not tell myself that I looked like an adorable sea lion in that suit.

I did not almost end up in the emergency room with what I thought might have been another gall bladder attack. It did not occur to me that my stomach pains may have been caused by drinking a 2-liter of Pepsi in a 24-hour period. My Marine did not tell me that I need to come up with something else to take the edge of my stress. I did not thank God profusely when the pain passed quickly after popping 6 Tylenol

I do not think My Marine is a human furnace. I do not tease him about having hot flashes instead of me. I do not constantly roll my eyes in frustration when he opens all the windows and turns on the fans and says it's hot in here while I am bundled under blankets.

I was not incredibly excited about date night with My Marine! Why would I be excited about dressing up, having a hot meal uninterrupted, and, dare I say, an alcoholic beverage or two? I was not thrilled with the theater tickets for "Spamalot" with John O'Hurley. We did not laugh so much that we actually missed some parts of the show. I'm really not a fan of Monty Python and "MP and The Holy Grail" is not one of my favorite movies.



So, looking back - it really hasn't been a stressful week here. I'm not looking forward to some naptime during our 24-hour road trip!



See you all when I check in from Pittsburgh!!

7 comments:

GodseySix May 25, 2009 at 7:53 AM  

I'm so there with you on the swimsuit issue. :) And "Nani" called 9-1-1? That's hilarious! Kinda. If, in fact, everything was okay. Gotta love all the confusion in a house where there's toddlers! :)

Enjoy your vacation! Happy Monday!

glorious days May 25, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

well, good thing all those things didn't happened to you:D
write us all soon, we (and I mean "I am") are curious about how your vacation goes.
have an excellent time:)

LucieP May 26, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

oh the date night sounds wonderful! It makes me realize we need one too!!

I cannot imagine what it feels like to have that kind of pain! I am a major wuss!!

Big Daddy is a furnace too...I love it because I am usually being frozen out by him and can scootch up next to him!

amanda May 27, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

i love date nights. and am so gald you got one!! they're what keep your marriage 'alive'. and heck they're what keep our family growing. ;0) hope you have a super trip. and ugh. swimming suit shopping...the only thing i have are my maternity suits. guess i need to go shopping!

Unknown May 27, 2009 at 3:11 PM  

did I miss something? When did Nani Call 911? My son did that at church in the elevator!

glorious days June 11, 2009 at 7:37 AM  

where are you? we (ok,ok, I) miss your posts :(:(

kacey June 24, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

Bathing suit shopping...three words that truly make me shudder. :) Hope you are having a fabulous vacation! I'm quite envious of your date night and drinks!

-kacey

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP