Yes, I'm Still Alive

>> Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Good Tuesday morning everyone!

Yes, I'm still alive! I know, I know.....you all missed my witty writings so much during my little hiatus! Some of you even went the extra mile to send me emails to make sure that I was ok -- thank you for thinking of me and the safety of my family!

Actually, I took a break. More like a vacation. At the end of May, we took a big road trip cross-country to visit our respective families in Pittsburgh. A 24-hour road trip with a 4-yr. old and a then 10-month old. On the whole, it was fairly successful.

The highlight of our trip, though, was being home for the Stanley Cup final series -- and my beloved Penguins brought the Cup back home to Pittsburgh!! Wow!! A Superbowl Championship AND a Stanley Cup Championship -- all in one sports year! I'm so proud to say I'm from Pittsburgh!

Anyway -- we just got back this past weekend and I've been dealing with the lovely task of unpacking, putting clothes, CDs and DVDs away -- the task that EVERYONE just loves to do after coming home from vacation. I'm also trying desperately to get back on schedule....it's not going too good.

So -- hopefully within the next few days I'll be back to posting regularly, as well as sharing some awesome pictures from our trip back home!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic summer so far!

4 comments:

Amanda: June 23, 2009 at 7:44 AM  

Welcome home!! I wish I could be supportive of your Penguin Stanley Cup win, but being from Michigan, my heart belongs to the Wings, LOL :)

Looking forward to pictures!

glorious days June 24, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

good, you are back.
this internet thing makes people get all kind of twisted ideas. i really thought your were all dead or at least in a hospital. why? because I know you kinda like to blog and all, and let's face it, it's been a long time..
but, good to have you back:) looking forward to see great pics of your vacation:)

3 Bay B Chicks June 24, 2009 at 11:34 PM  

Welcome back! It is so great to be able to reconnect with you again.

I am in awe of the road trip that you just took cross-country. I can barely get my kids to sit through the hour ride to and from the grandparents house! :)

-Francesca

Helene June 25, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

Wow, you are the Mom of the Year! Traveling with 2 little ones across the country...I'm impressed!!

Glad you're back safe and sound!!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP