Random Thoughts of An Insomniac

>> Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'm still having trouble sleeping. It's 3:45am and I just can't fall back asleep. Maybe it was My Marine's snoring, or my geriatric German Shepherd snoring, or the thoughts, worries & to-do list for our upcoming vacation swirling in my head. So, at almost 4am, I'm sitting in my recliner, a hot cup of coffee by my side, and DVD #3 of NCIS on my TV (because I'm not in the mood to watch yet another ShamWOW! infomercial!) As I'm begging my body for sleep...random thoughts popped into my head.

********************************************

Last night before I went to bed, I soaked my knees in a hot tub because they hurt like hell. Why? I don't know. It certainly isn't from all the exercising that I've been doing trying to regain that svelte body that I'm so longing for and never really had to begin with. It could be from sitting cross-legged in my rocker for hours on end as I rock my motion baby for the umpteenth time while my oldest daughter balances a teapot on one knee and a Little Mermaid doll on the other because she wants to play tea party.

Is it possible that I could take legal action against the cable company for broadcasting at least 14 different versions of the Disney Channel on TV??

I know I should be grateful for the 6 straight hours of sleep my 10 month old gave me the other night. But somehow that got overshadowed by the endless game of peekaboo she wanted to play at 2am after crying for almost an hour.

Can I nominate the person who invented the DVR and portable DVD player for sainthood? It's only because of these ingenius devices that I'm surviving the late nights.

A 5 lb. bag of Peanut M&Ms and leftover chicken enchiladas does not a healthy meal make.

They say that dogs should calm down after being "fixed." Whoever said that hasn't met our 1.5 year old German Shepherd! I wonder if there's ADHD medication for dogs?


Can someone tell me why street cleaners travel in pairs? Yesterday morning I look out my bedroom window to see a street cleaner coming down the street. A few seconds later, rambling behind it, is a second one. I mean, I know there's nothing more important than making sure we have clean streets. Now, I'm not a complete moron - I know that they have to clean out the curbs before the next big rain so that the sewers don't get backed up and we have flooding of biblical proportions. Forget weathermen people! Want to know when the next big rain is coming - check with your local streetsweepers! But are they really cleaning? Or are they just swirling debris around leaving a water stain in their wake like a snail leaving ooze behind? And again - why in pairs? I can just picture this radio conversation......



Hey Bob - where you at?



I'm turning the corner right behind you...what's up?



Well, I think I missed a spot at the corner of "No Where" and "Some Where". You think you can pick that up for me?



Sure thing Joe, I got your back!



As I'm wondering about this, I hear that distinctive hiss as they start to come back up the street from the other direction. And - I kid you not - right in front of my driveway, they perform a figure 8 maneuver. Synchronized street sweeping? Really? Are these drivers of Asphalt Zambonis so bored that they're resorting to this?



And finally - if any of you out there are looking for a great giveaway - swing by Jadehollow's blog - http://jadehollow.blogspot.com/2009/05/debbies-big-giveaway.html to see the fantastic giveaway she's having this week!


3 comments:

Amanda: May 19, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

Aww!! Here's hoping insomnia escapes you tonight and you get a good night's rest :)

Sara May 19, 2009 at 9:02 AM  

I'm sorry you couldn't sleep, but your early morning post had me giggling! Hope you get some rest!

glorious days May 19, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

that's funny:))
if I had insomnia I would not have any idea what to do. You creative:)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP