Not Me! Monday

>> Monday, May 18, 2009



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.



On Tuesday morning I did not - in a sleep deprived state - try to brush my teeth using mascara. And an hour later in the same sleep-deprived state try to put the ice tea pitcher back in the cabinet with the glasses. I did not grumble to myself all day about never having a good night's sleep again (see Tuesday's post - A Good Night's Sleep)

I did not jump for joy when I found out that I actually won something thanks to the "We Heart Art," carnival on Wednesday and Thursday. I did not call my family and post my blog link on Facebook and in multiple emails so that everyone could see that I really did win something!

I did not pitch a fit when I discovered that all the CDs that I just burned for our upcoming road trip will not play in my Jeep. I did not leave the room and go into the garage so I could let loose a stream of profanities that would make a Marine blush.

I did not embarrass myself by doing a little happy dance in front of our contractor when he gave me the new estimate for our backyard -- which was considerably less than originally quoted.

I did not steal a little time for myself to take a nap while watching Season 1 of NCIS on DVD. I did not curl up for my nap with my favorite blanket and - blush - my favorite teddy bear. I did not feel the slightest bit guilty leaving the laundry baskets and full dishwasher.

I did not tell Nani that if I hear her singing again at all hours of the morning one more time that I was going to send all of her Disney Princesses to summer camp. I did not tell her that the only toys she would have would be clothespins and rocks. I did not secretly tell myself that it would be a good lesson in building her imagination.



I did not suppress the urge to cry when I walked into Nudge's room the other morning to find her covered in poo. I did not bite my lip when I found poo on the walls, the bars of her crib, all over her stuffed animals, sheets, and blankets. I did not resist the urge to just hold her under the shower spray and hope for the best.



I did not feel the teeniest bit resentful of My Marine this past week when he was able to go out for "happy hour" with his helicopter buddies twice - while I got to stay behind to do laundry, mop the kitchen floor and clean our master bathroom after earlier said poo blowout. I was not disappointed when my planned night out fell through.



I am not obsessed with finding things to write about on Not Me! Monday!

8 comments:

Anonymous May 18, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

I do NOT take naps when my child is at school ... nope I don't!

Stop by and read what I didNOT do this past week.

Molly May 18, 2009 at 9:29 AM  

Great NMM! Sorry about the poo, I would have cried too!

LucieP May 18, 2009 at 12:47 PM  

my man is obsessed with NCIS...it is really good...except when I have to watch it every.single.day...

I hate that when the CDs don't play...seriously! What is the deal?! Some burnt ones do and others don't...makes me sad!

Your babies are beautiful!

Jenny May 18, 2009 at 6:59 PM  

Disney Princesses to summer camp got a good laugh out of me! Doesn't Nudge know you have enough to clean?

Suzi May 18, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

A nap...I am so jealous! Ugg! LOL. Thanks for stopping by to say hi. I sooo cannot believe I was first! Right place at the right time at its best! Great post, stop by again sometime!

GodseySix May 19, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

Oh, my! You are TOO funny! I would have done a happy dance, too. And about the blowout~misery loves company...which is the ONLY reason I laughed. I promise! :)

Happy Monday! Or, well, Tuesday at this point! ;)

Kristen May 26, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I love how MckMama brings people together, sharing all the things that we'd never do! Enjoy those two beautiful children! :-)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP