We "Heart" Art!

>> Wednesday, May 13, 2009


Join the Three Bay B Chicks, Domestically Challenged, and I'm Living Proof that God Has a Sense of Humor as they celebrate art and being creative this week. These three blogs are sponsoring an event called "We Heart Art," which gives you the chance to not only showcase your artwork or creative projects, but also your kid's handiwork. Prizes for children and adults will be awarded to a few lucky winners selected at random.






Before Easter, my 4-yr. old wanted to make gifts for her preschool teachers. We wanted to do something different, so we made cotton-ball bunnies out of baby food jars. She glued cotton balls all over, added the eyes, and pink pom-poms for the tails. Bits of broom straw were used for whiskers and stiff felt was used for the ears. Even though the eyes were a little crooked and the bunny tails were close to the ears - they were cherished gifts that her teachers truly appreciated!




Nani's daddy is in the Army National Guard. Nani's daddy flies on helicopters. Nani decided to draw her own interpretation of daddy's helicopter.






I only recently started to really get interested in photography. Having two dogs and two kids gives me plenty of subjects ready and willing for a photo. Two of my favorite photos follow:



This was taken two days after a major snowstorm hit us here in Colorado. The snow started to melt and drain through our downspout. I thought I'd take a chance and see what I could come up with.






This photo was taken of my then 8-month old daughter and our German Shepherd. I like to call it "Friends Forever"



7 comments:

miranda May 13, 2009 at 4:45 PM  

Thanks for becoming a follower of Sippycups and Fingerprints. I am looking forward to reading your blog as well.
What a great little artist you have as well!! :)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged May 13, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

THose bunnies are beyond cute! My son wants to try and make them now!

Helene May 13, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

The bunnies are incredible!!!! That is so sweet that she was thoughtful enough to make something homemade for her teachers!

I love your photographs too! The pic of the little hand and dog paw is adorable!

So glad you're participating in our carnival!

Country Mouse, City Mouse May 14, 2009 at 8:17 AM  

I love the downspout picture. It turned out great:) Love the bunnies and helicopter as well.

Hajar Zamzam Ismail May 14, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

I love the kid's art, and your photos. Your family has some artistic genes.

amanda May 15, 2009 at 7:24 AM  

congrats on winning. and thanks for stopping at my blog!! i love the downspout photo as well!! :0)

Mrsbear May 15, 2009 at 7:56 AM  

Great post. "Friends forever" is such a sweet photo. I love it. And the Easter bunnies are hilarious. Congrats on winning.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP