Not Me! Monday!

>> Monday, October 19, 2009



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.




I did NOT allow my 15-month old to play with chopsticks in PF Changs just to keep her quiet so that I could have a few minutes to gulp eat my lunch in peace.

The next morning, I did NOT panic and think that Nudgie had worms when I changed her diaper and saw stringy things in her diaper. I did NOT remember that she ate all the bamboo shoots from my lunch at PF Changs the day before -- therefore turning them into a quasi-worm filled diaper.

I did NOT suppress my laughter when I heard Nani declare that she was "going to the doctor to get a baby like mommy did". She has NOT been dragging around a ratty toy dog and calling it her "baby".

I was NOT incredibly disappointed that I had to miss a dear friend's Pampered Chef launch on Saturday due to two little girls having the sniffles and slight fevers. Nani did NOT milk that one for all it was worth.

I did NOT have an anxiety attack in the middle of Safeway when it hit me that my mother was coming for a visit and that I really needed to get home and get my house in order. I'm really still NOT that little girl who desperately seeks her mother's approval.

I did NOT cry my eyes out when I had to take My Marine to the airport. It did NOT break my heart to hear Nani say to My Marine, I'll miss you daddy and pray for you every night. And afterwards, I did NOT look like a dermatological nightmare with swollen eyes and red splotches all over my face and neck. I am ALWAYS the model wife - composing myself and holding in my emotions when it comes to saying goodbye to My Marine.

10 comments:

The Four Week Vegan October 19, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

HAhaha, bamboo shoots and worms. I would have freaked out for sure.

I hope your Marine is home soon and that God keeps him safe and you encouraged in his absence.

Helene October 19, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

Who knew bamboo shoots could look so horrible coming out the other end?? Same thing with mandarin oranges...just in case you wanted to know that.

I love PF Changs...the closest one to us is 45 minutes away. Bummer...I totally love their hot and sour soup!

I hope your Marine stays safe while he's away!

LucieP October 19, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

aw I'm so sad to hear your man is gone...boo! I'm sure it just gets harder everytime instead of easier.

Jacob saw my breast pump laying out this morning and was like, "WHY do you need that thing again?!" hahahaha...boys are so opposite girls...and btw, I told it was because a friend brought it back...no babes on the way...

Hope the girls are feeling better!

maddie/cadesmimi October 19, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

May the Lord safely return your Marine to you-and keep you busy and as happy as possible until then...Happy not me Monday, Kathy

Jillian October 19, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

I still clean my house before my mom or mother-in-law comes to my house too!

Jennifer Haas October 19, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

I am sorry your man had to go, I can't imagine how hard it is for Daddy to be away that long. I freak out when mine is out of town for a week!

Kristi October 19, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your girls are gorgeous.

LOL at the worms in the diaper. That would freak me out too!!

How long will your marine be gone? I hope it's a safe and speedy trip!

Anonymous October 20, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

Loved the 'worms' in the diaper~ reminds me why not to eat indian food while nursing!
My Pumpkin still wants to pretend to be a baby and nurse, or even better all of her dolls have been nursed at least once.

Jennifer

Buckeroomama October 20, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

I hope your Marine will be home soon, safe and sound.

Thank you for the follow... following right back. I really enjoy your blog and will be back to read more. :)

Amanda October 20, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

Thanks for dropping in!

So sorry you had to take your hubby to the airport...that would have been heart breaking...I hope it isn't long before his safe return home!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP