Things You Don't Expect To Hear At The Doctor's Office....

>> Saturday, October 24, 2009

So, I've missed a week of blogging thanks to the sickies that have invaded the Toy Box Household. It never fails....My Marine goes away and we all get sick. It's like clockwork.

First I started with the cough & sniffles....then Nudgie...and not to be left out, Nani hopped on board outdoing us all with a fever. Thankfully, I'm happy to announce though that we've all tested negative for H1N1! Just your common cold that just doesn't understand that he's definitely worn out his welcome!

So, anyway....

Let me say that my doctor's office is very respectable....in a good part of town....has no criminal ties whatsoever.......or so I thought........

I'm sitting in the doctor's office with Nudgie waiting for our appointment (the third in a week). It's quiet and there's only one other patient in the waiting room besides me & Nudge. She proceeds to take out her cell phone, make a call, and have the following conversation (which I have paraphrased some):

"So, yeah.....I checked in and they are arresting him on a federal warrant"

Pause

"Well, it's a federal charge now because there were guns involved"

Pause

"I don't think so....but they did find one gun in the house when they arrested him."

Pause

"Well, I think they found the gun that may have the body attached to it."

(Now, I'm no CSI, but I know enough to know that whatever gun they found may be linked to a murder or attempted murder. I'm now moving closer to Nudgie and to the door of the doctor's office.....)

"I don't know what they're going to do because they're not telling me anything and they won't let me talk to him."

Pause

"Yeah, well, I guess I'm going to have to change my status on Facebook to single"

(At that point, the nurse called her back. While she continued to talk, I was tempted to follow her with the ruse of going to the bathroom so I could continue to hear this conversation!)

If you could have seen the look on my face after overhearing this conversation. I looked up and the nurse at the desk had the same dumbfounded look as I did. The other nurse leaned out the window and whispered...."She has a thing for bad boys".

Uh....ya think???? Makes me kinda curious now to check out her Facebook page!

12 comments:

Jodi October 24, 2009 at 7:36 AM  

Oh my goodness. No, I think that would be one thing you would not expect to hear at a Dr's office or even public. I had laugh at the image of you moving closer to the door. lol

Glad that you all are on the mend.

Charity October 24, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

Wow!! I would have done the same thing!

The Four Week Vegan October 24, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

The changing her status on facebook cracks me up - that seems like the least of her worries. I often wonder if people think the are in the cone of silence when on their cell phones - HELLO!!! We can all hear you!!! I hope you all feel better soon.

Christy Killoran October 24, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

That is hysterical! Love the final statement about her FB status!

Semalee October 24, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

OMGosh! THAT is hilarious!!!!

Susan October 24, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

Hope your all feeling better.

That's the craziest visit to the drs office I every heard.

Stacie October 24, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

Yikes that is actually kinda scary! Hope you all feel better soon.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments October 24, 2009 at 6:40 PM  

OH my goodnes! That sounds serious, but sorry I cant help but laugh imagining you and the nurses faces! I have to admit that I too would have loved to have heard more!

haha and then with your comment of "Uh...ya think???" hilarious!

...happy to get a chance to catch up on some blog reading.

Blessings & Aloha!
I have an award (aka bloghug) for you at my place. I do appreciate you, dear friend, and thank you for coming by and for all your past comments!

Courtney October 25, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

Yikes! You just never know these days!
Thanks for stopping by my blog for NMM. I'm the wife of a former Marine turned soldier also, but his military days are now over. Those two kids are cuties!
Blessings,
Courtney

Helene October 25, 2009 at 3:07 PM  

Wow, I think I would've been tempted too to follow her to hear the rest of the conversation! Oh Lordy, can you imagine that poor girl's mother?? I pray my daughter never gets involved with a guy like she did!

Mrs Montoya October 26, 2009 at 8:44 PM  

Whoa! As if you weren't feeling bad enough to be back at the Dr's office again. At least she'll change her FB status to clear everything up :) Hope everyone is feeling better soon

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom November 3, 2009 at 2:32 PM  

Gosh, if I had been you, I'm not sure if I would have laughed, cried, or run away in sheer terror! Geez, doesn't anybody know how to keep it zipped when it comes to news like that???

First time reading your blog, but I love it! Hope you and your whole family feel 100% better... and soon!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP