19 Days and Counting......

>> Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Marine comes home in 19 days and no one is more ready than I am. I miss him terribly. The girls miss him terribly. Even our DOGS miss him terribly!

I've survived though. I've survived an 18-month deployment and other short separations, so 6 weeks really should be like spitting in the ocean. But for some reason, this time was harder and I'm not sure why. Our trials and tribulations have been extremely minor (so far) and while we've had our ups and downs since he's been gone - and we've gotten through it.

Two days after he left, both girls got sick. Shortly after that, I got sick. We've made 5 doctor visits, 4 pharmacy visits, and 1 ER visit during that time.

My kitchen sink faucet started with a slow drip and then graduated to a full-blown leak (which I fixed)

My garage door began it's seasonal fit where it decides to either stick halfway in the cold weather or either not open or close altogether. (My dad gave me some suggestions for that...still working on it)

We had 15-inches (accidentally wrote feet this morning before I had my coffee!) of snow over a 24-hour period which required me to pull both of our vehicles into our garage (which is small) and is something I've never done before. (I did it and both cars survived without a scratch).

After said snowfall, I shoveled our driveway the old-fashioned way and then decided that I was going to ask My Marine for a snowblower for Christmas. (I will NEVER shovel that much snow ever again!)

I survived taking our Jeep in to have a new radio installed after a CD got stuck and could not be removed, no matter how much I tried to "persuade" it.

As a "single mom", I took both girls Trick-or-Treating at the zoo and around our neighborhood and took Nani to her ballet recital - both times taking LOTS of pictures for daddy.

I was so blessed to have two very good friends bring me & the girls a meal while I was sick. I am still praising God for those dear friends!

And I still have 19 days to go!

But in spite of those little things that we call "life happens" -- I'm still not sleeping. Usually when My Marine goes away, it takes me a couple days to get comfortable with the fact that I'm sleeping alone in the house. But this time, for whatever reason, I'm up -- all the time.....all night. Catching maybe an hour or two of sleep in between my bouts of nightly insomnia. I've tried the hot bath, warm milk, herbal tea, soft music....but nothing is working. And I'm running on fumes....

Nothing short of having My Marine home and snoring next to me again may get me to sleep at least 4 straight hours!!

9 comments:

Charity November 5, 2009 at 7:42 AM  

Wow you have been busy! I am going to have to take lessons from you once Kiale leaves!!

Christy Killoran November 5, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

Wow! I can't imagine what this is like, but it must be hard for all of you.

Ioana November 5, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

aaa.. are you related to super woman or are you herself?

patience can suck. but i see it brought the best in you. you rock!

Annette W. November 5, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

15 feet of snow?? Where do you live? How in the world do you shovel that? I guess a little at a time. Maybe you should ask for a bulldozer instead!

WOW, you really have had a lot happening...but less than three weeks left. I have problems with sleep, but it's actually gotten better recently.

Take care. Keep the countdown happy!

The Four Week Vegan November 5, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

You go, girl! You really have been taking care of business while your Marine is taking care of all of us. Hugs for being such an awesome wife, mom, and woman.

Camp Isaac Mama November 5, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

I've been following your blog for a few months now and I just wanted to say hi!!

I'm excited for you all to have Daddy/Hubby home again soon, you must miss him so terribly!!!

Keep your chin up, you're doing an awesome job!

America's Next Top Mommy November 5, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

God love you!!! I'm so excited that your honey is coming home!!! You are amazing to do it all by yourself. I have the utmost respect for your sacrifice!!

Kim Baise November 5, 2009 at 7:19 PM  

i just discovered your blog and love it! you definitely are a super hero.... wonder woman!

Gidget Girl Reading November 5, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

so happy for you not long now!

I admire him and he is a real hero please thank him for all that he does to keep us safe! I was a air force brat growing up and so many don't realize how much they are gone from home.

so i just wanted to say thank you to him and you for all he and the military does

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP