He's Coming Home!!!!!

>> Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tonight! Tonight! He's coming home tonight!!

I'm dancing around my house like the dad from "A Christmas Story" waiting for his "major award" to be delivered!

My little mini-deployment trial run is ending. I guess I did ok. The kids and the dogs are still alive -- and no worse for the wear!

I talked to My Marine last night and he couldn't pack fast enough. He has some last minute paperwork this morning and then "graduation" and then he's off to the airport! Woo Hoo!

I've spent the last few days getting ready for his return..........

I've cleaned the house from top to bottom. (This served two purposes -- cleaning for his return and cleaning in anticipation of the holiday and putting up the Xmas decorations this weekend!)

The bathroom is scrubbed and cleaned and fresh towels (that aren't the size of a postage stamp) are waiting for him.

Our master bedroom has been cleared of the clothing piles that I've been picking from for the past 6 weeks. New, fresh, clean sheets have been put on the bed. The comforter has been replaced and is now free of dog hair - thanks to my cuddly Zoja who has taken over My Marine's side of the bed. (She's in a world of hurt tonight!)

I cleaned up all the dog poop from the back yard. (This is a big deal for me since I actually HIRED a dog pooper scooper to clean up the backyard while Marc was deployed!)

I stocked his garage fridge with his favorite beers. I cleaned said garage from all the clutter that I let gather during the past 6 weeks. (It's so much easier just to dump it all in the garage and deal with it later.....)

I shuffled some movies around on my Netflix queue so that the new Star Trek movie would be here waiting for him to watch.

I've grocery shopped and stocked up on his favorite snacks.

I've spent the past two days exfoliating, shaving, buffing, powdering and puffing. I bought some new makeup. And I'm still frustrated that I can't decided on the "perfect" outfit to wear to the airport. (I know that it doesn't matter, but it slightly matters to me...a bit....)

I'm looking forward to a holiday weekend of snuggling for sure!

And just so you know -- my blog for the next day or so is going to be CENSORED!! LOL!!!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

9 comments:

Charity November 24, 2009 at 7:24 AM  

Yeah for you!! I am so happy for you, congrats and have a wonderful time with your Marine!

Mozi Esme November 24, 2009 at 7:29 AM  

Yeah, you! Enjoy every minute...

The Four Week Vegan November 24, 2009 at 10:20 AM  

Praise the Lord! So glad he is coming home tonight. Enjoy!!!

Gidget Girl Reading November 24, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

goodie glad he is coming home :) have a great reunion!!!

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight November 24, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

I am so excited for you! Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Jenny November 24, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

WOOHOO! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Stephanie November 26, 2009 at 2:02 AM  

OOOh Rah! Welcome Home DevilDog! Happy Thanksgiving and THANK YOU for all that you do to keep us safe. :)

Steph

Helene November 28, 2009 at 8:11 PM  

Wow, I wanna be married to you!!! I hope you had a wonderful reunion and a happy Thanksgiving holiday with your Marine!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP