The House of Sickness.......

>> Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm finally coming from our fog of sickness to say hello and that we are finally getting well.

After almost two weeks of sickness, we are finally starting to smile again. It's been hell on earth here. It never fails. My Marine leaves and there is some form of sickness in the house. This time it hit all three of us.

What started as a cold for me turned into the full-blown flu. The girls, thankfully, just stayed with the colds - but they were stubborn suckers. Holding on for almost two weeks.

What made the whole thing so frustrating and exhausting was the fact that mommy's don't get sick. They're not supposed to get sick. And no matter how bad I was feeling, I had to focus all my energy on my babies. They needed me more.

I'd spend hours holding one while the other was wrapped in a blanket snuggled at my feet on the couch. I'd alternate nights - sitting up with one, nursing a fever and the never-ending cough - only to switch to the other one the next night.

I'm amazed that my body hasn't totally given out on me yet. But I hold on, because I have to. Because my babies needed me.

But over the weekend, the sun started to shine. The fevers had broken, the coughs were getting softer and fewer, and the girls were sleeping through the night.

We still have a ways to go yet before we're all completely healed......but I'll just take a quiet naptime just so I can catch up on sleep now too.

It sucks to be sick......

4 comments:

Charity November 2, 2009 at 7:07 AM  

Wow... hope you all get better soon. Kiale leave in two weeks. I feel very lost with everything being so new.

The Four Week Vegan November 2, 2009 at 8:04 AM  

Oh that is the hardest thing to be sick while the littles are sick too and to not even have your Marine around to help out a bit - very tough. So glad you are all on the road to recovery. Take care.

LucieP November 2, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

ew being sick is no fun!
I am hoping that you continue to feel better mama....I wonder how we do it sometimes...but we always manage to pull through somehow.

I recv'd my prize and love it!! Matthew loves it too--especially the honey container. Thank you so much!!!

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight November 2, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

Hope you feel better soon! We've been sick too at my house with the H1N1- it was no fun :( Mommy's don't get sick days...

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP