All I Wanted Was A Glass of Wine.....

>> Monday, February 8, 2010

After the week I had - between My Marine being gone (AGAIN!) and a late night/early morning ER run for Nudgie (which turned out to be an ear infection and strep), I was ready for a glass of wine to relax.

Ok, many glasses of wine.

On Saturday night, all I wanted was a glass of wine. I wasn't asking for much - really, I wasn't. Just a glass of wine, my book, and some DVR'd episodes of American Idol.

My Marine and I put a bottle in the fridge to chill and went about our evening. When we went to open the bottle - this is what we found.




A plastic cork. Hmmm...



We looked at this thing and tried to figure out how in the hell we were going to get it open. A conventional corkscrew wasn't going to work. It wasn't even a twist off.

So, leave it up to My Marine to figure out a way.......




Yes, that's right....he's opening the wine bottle with a wrench. How classy! How Jeff Foxworthy! How clever!

But we did get the bottle open and enjoyed the wine. But then discovered that we couldn't get the cork back in.


Oh darn!

Guess that meant that we had to finish the bottle of wine.



Twist my arm.



So if you ever need a back up corkscrew -- dig out a wrench and you're all set!

18 comments:

Charity February 8, 2010 at 7:35 AM  

That is so funny!! I will have to remember that for future reference.

Annette W. February 8, 2010 at 7:52 AM  

UGH!! ER visits are so much worse than multiple dr visits in the same week!

Did your wine taste of grease? hehe!

Thanks again for your encouragement. I know this week is NOTHING compared to what you go through each time your Marine deploys or has training.

Roan February 8, 2010 at 8:30 AM  

Just wanted to let you know that I finally tried the cinnamon dolche latte....well, I stood there in line debating over the latte or the frappuchinno....the drink making lady (whatever you call her) was very patient.....she said both were delicious.....I finally went with the cinnamon dolche frap! It was wonderful!! I would have never tried it if you had not blogged about it. I am a chocolate girl!
Have a great day!

Lisa February 8, 2010 at 8:57 AM  

Thank goodness for the unconventional wisdom of men:)

The wine companies must make them like that so you have to drink it all and therefore buy more wine. At least you got to enjoy it:)

Teaching Heart Mom February 8, 2010 at 9:10 AM  

What a post! I am laughing so hard. I loved this! Too cute! Glad you got that drink and I am sure the rest of your night was nice!

Briasmama February 8, 2010 at 10:57 AM  

Love it!!! Oh how many times moms need a glass or two or three of wine!!!

Vanessa February 8, 2010 at 3:03 PM  

Hahaha! Perfect! Glad you got your glass(es) of wine! :-D

melaniet42 February 8, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

That totally sounds like something my husband would do! And we've had times where we've destroyed a cork and "had to" drink the whole bottle... ;-)

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight February 8, 2010 at 6:40 PM  

That's so funny! I'll have to remember a wrench next time!

Jenny February 8, 2010 at 8:45 PM  

That's hilarious! You guys are great problem solvers! Have a great week! :)

Alicia February 9, 2010 at 5:43 AM  

Interesting! Never saw that before! Glad you were able to figure it out and enjoy it!

Thanks for the support on my blog!

Alicia from Coffee Mugs and Sippy Cups

Sandy February 9, 2010 at 6:20 AM  

I have that phrase, "you know you're a redneck if..." going through my head. Love it. Way to problem solve. :)

Christy Killoran February 9, 2010 at 7:27 AM  

I have never seen a cork like that before! Crazy. Thanks for the tip because my husband would never figure that out.

Jen February 9, 2010 at 2:13 PM  

Just stoppin' by from MckMama's. I, too, am married to a Marine, live in CO and have a daughter born in 04! Trying to figure out if I'll be able to make it to her gathering =)

The Four Week Vegan February 9, 2010 at 3:19 PM  

Yes, it sounded like a nice bottle of wine or in your case a plastic corked bottle of wine was in order. Your hubby is a problem solver. I may have smashed the neck open and strained the contents.

Carrie February 10, 2010 at 5:21 AM  

Hilarious. I have never seen anything like that...and we drink some wine! It almost looks like a champagne cork. Sure it wasn't sparkling? We've got another great contest going on right now... unfortunately not for wine!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP