Random Thoughts - Monday Edition

>> Monday, February 22, 2010


Nudgie has learned the word "No", but it comes out more like "Nyo". It's very cute and makes me smile. She also says "Bess u" when someone sneezes. But she still refuses to call me Mama.

Me: Can you say Mama?

Nudgie: Nyo

Sigh.......


**********************************

Things you don't want to hear from your husband before he boards a 14-hour international flight to Jordan. (Keep in mind that my husband is also traveling with 4 other soldiers....)

"We saw this supermodel in the boarding area. She's just kinda been hanging around with us. Turns out she's gonna be on the same flight as us."

Ummm....yeah.....did he NOT read the section of the husband's manual where it the word "supermodel" is listed in the section of words you must never mention to your wife. Especially one who is wearing Old Navy pajama pants with a tshirt covered in oatmeal, hair that hasn't been washed for about 2 days, and hasn't seen a flat stomach since she was 6.


**********************************

Conversation after I called him in the morning to find out what time his flight was and to express my concern over Mitzi's swelling in her face. (It was 10am where he was and 8am where I was)

Me: Did I wake you?

Him: No, I was just laying here in bed watching some TV

In the background, I've got one 5-yr. old throwing a fit because I made her make her bed, the 19-month old is screaming because she dropped her bottle, the 2-yr. old Shepherd is hazing the 15-yr. old Shepherd who still has open wounds in her head....and did I mention that it was snowing and that I had 10 minutes to get out the door to my MOPS meeting? I sure wish I could just lay in bed and watch TV.


**********************************

Extra cheddar gold fish crackers, Dove caramel chocolates and a large Pepsi do not make a balanced meal.

However, the kids really can survive on peanut butter & jelly every day for dinner.


***********************************

There is a reason that I'm not allowed to use the staple gun unsupervised.


***********************************

Why is it that when My Marine is home and we watch a movie the girls are good as gold - fall right asleep with no problems?

But why is it that when I'm home alone and want to watch a movie - the movie that runs 2 hours takes me 3.5 hours to watch thanks to water shortages, diaper malfuctions, crayon disasters, monster appearances, and the ever-popular "I Love You" round robins (I didn't mind that one so much...)


************************************

My Marine IM'd me from Jordan to share that they were going on a tour of the Dead Sea - but he was soooo tired. Not feeling very sorry for him at the moment. The only Dead Sea I've ever seen is the dirty bathwater after Nudgie decided to poop in the tub during bathtime.


 

9 comments:

The Four Week Vegan February 22, 2010 at 6:25 AM  

Doesn't Dove chocolate make all meals balanced? Please say yes.

Gen February 22, 2010 at 7:27 AM  

awww...when my hubby started this job he's doin now, working away from home all week, and me single parent all week...my friend said to me, she said "don't be afraid of mcdonalds, sometimes, it's your saving grace"

i took those words to heart! lol

hang in there, i get it!
Gentile
girlsandsunflowers.blogspot.com

Kimberly February 22, 2010 at 8:04 AM  

This makes me want to write a husbands manual now...lol

my hubs informed me last week my diet of crackers and chocolate chip cookies for lunch was not well balanced....I ask, why not?

My youngest son didn't say Momma until he was almost two and a half years old. Before that it was always Noni. It was cute. I missed it when he started saying momma...

Alicia February 22, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

Just wanted to stop by and tell you I love your blog and have given you a beautiful blogger award! When you can, stop by and check it out!

Kathryn February 22, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

"What a great post!! I worry -- a lot. It's just my nature. And some days I just need a message like this to pull me closer to God and let Him take care of me and my fears.

Thanks for stopping by my blog too and for commenting!
~ Jennifer"

Thanks, I worry as well. All the time. I become quite obsessive about it. Believe me I needed to write this for myself as much as anyone else! :) Glad it helped though!

Cute post! I am sorry your husband is gone again. I hope things get better!

aspiritofsimplicity February 23, 2010 at 4:08 AM  

I remember those days with my children. It is hard to believe this now but they pass by very quickly. One day you will be looking back wondering where all the time went.

Mommie Daze February 23, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

My kids go wild when Dad is gone. I know it's extra tough when they're gone for a long time like your hubby. Oh, and I'm not sure my stomach was flat even when I was six.

Genny February 23, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

What a sweet spot you have here. :)

Following from MBC!

(love the song...)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments February 28, 2010 at 8:25 AM  

Once again...hilarious!

Cute Nudgie and her "Nyo"!
And really, I agree any mention of "supermodel" should not be mentioned to a wife! haha (hMy hubby has been doing amazingly well -eating helathier- exercising 5 days a week at the gym, since I get off of work soooo late, he goes to the gym after his work and still beats me home sometimes!) Getting slimmer and buffer, which I am so in awe (side note, guys seem to do this so much more quickly than girls!) Anywhoo...he mentions that one of the regulars there, is a very fit firefighter...(who happens to be a female, he tells me in conversation). Great...I may be motivated to hit the gym now...jk (So, even after 28 yrs of marriage...um, no thank you, not necessary to mention the fitness of another one at the gym, esp if that one is female :o)

& I remember those convos of my poor soldier "chillin' in a hotel room on one of his deployments, while craziness was happening at home. haha

Sorry such a long comment!

Blessings & Aloha!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP