The Simple Woman's Daybook

>> Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I've been on autopilot for a couple days now.  Most of my blog posts were written and scheduled to be posted.  I was too tired last night to write one for today, but as I was putzing around this morning, I found this:




And I thought -- ok, something that doesn't require me to think too much.  So what the heck, I'll play along!  (If you want to play along too, just click here

FOR TODAY:


Outside my window...I see the sun shining and the snow melting

I am thinking...that I'm really hungry, but don't know what I want to eat

I am thankful for...napping children and for awesome vets who have done a great job of taking care of Mitzi!

From the learning rooms...(if this applies)...I don't know what this means, so I'm skipping it

From the kitchen...I'm hoping to make some cookie pops this week for a birthday bouquet and for my MOPS Bible Study on Friday.

I am wearing...dog hair - thanks to having to carry Mitzi from the car to the vet.  (Seriously though, my comfy Old Navy drawstring jeans, black tshirt and black zippered sweatshirt. )

I am creating...nothing.  I am in a black hole at the moment and have no creative juices flowing at the moment.  Maybe tomorrow.

I am going...to clean the living room as soon as I finish this blog.

I am reading...books.  "Funny In Farsi" by Firoozeh Dumas; "Making Children Mind Without Losing Yours" by Dr. Kevin Leman; "Angels & Demons" by Dan Brown

I am hoping...that My Marine makes it home on Friday.  Between a strike by Lufthansa and another pending East Coast snow storm, I'll be lucky if he makes it home in time for Nani to graduate high school

I am hearing...voices.  (Just kidding!)  Well, not really -- Desperate Housewives is playing the background.

Around the house...I smell Lysol and bleach.  I was on a cleaning and laundry binge yesterday and this morning.  I'm having friends over tonight and tomorrow.  Nothing screams motivation more than having people visit your home.

One of my favorite things...is Dove caramel chocolate squares

A few plans for the rest of the week...ballet class tomorrow, shopping on Thursday, Bible Study on Friday, and hopefully picking up My Marine from the airport sometime Friday night

That's all folks!

14 comments:

Anonymous February 23, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

I am always wearing dog hari and I love the color black - oops!

I have to get this book!

Helene February 23, 2010 at 2:20 PM  

Hmmm, I should try that too...sometimes I have no clue what to write about!

Let me know how you like the book about getting children to mind you! I may have to buy it, especially if you think it's been helpful to you.

Oh and I hope you'll post a pic of the cookie bouquet, if you end up making it! I've always wanted to make one but I have NO clue how!

BTW, I love the new pic of you and The Marine on your sidebar!!

Simply Stacie February 23, 2010 at 3:32 PM  

Tag, You're It!

http://stacievaughansblog.blogspot.com

dawn hild February 23, 2010 at 4:29 PM  

Tag, you're it!
dawn hild
http://meandcraig.blogspot.com

YellowTennessee February 23, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

Dove Caramel Chocolate Squares are the best!

Following you from MBC.

Siné February 23, 2010 at 4:32 PM  

Thank you for sharing about your day! The "from the learning rooms..." prompt is for homeschoolers. Have a wonderful week.

LADYHIGHTOWER February 23, 2010 at 5:57 PM  

Tag! You're it! Blessings! http//psychicmamaindigochild.blogspot.com

Sarah Wroblewski February 23, 2010 at 6:49 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
For the Love of Naps - Sarah February 23, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

Hey, I like this post. I might have to do this sometime.

The doughnut book is Arnie the Doughnut cooked up by Laurie Keller.
It is hilarious and has a TON of adult humor in it. I am going to do a post on it in a day or two...when I can incorporate some good old donuts in my boys diets. We just don't have a donut shop nearby..I am hunting!

Hope your hubby gets home safely - I CAN NOT imagine the life of a military wife. I am in awe!

SOrry, that was me that deleted my comment. I was logged into the wrong account.

Diana Mancuso February 23, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

Mmm, caramel chocolate squares! I suddenly have a craving...

Tag, you're it!

Kristi February 23, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

Tag you're it! (but I was already following anyway!) I used to have a dog named Mitzi! - She was a little black terrier mix and very smart!

Allison February 24, 2010 at 6:10 AM  

i too hope you pick up your marine this friday! i will be praying you do. btw, your girls are absolutely little gems. just beautiful~

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments February 28, 2010 at 8:13 AM  

Fun! again...laughing as I'm reading! :o)
Hm...what's a learning room?

Hope your marine is home now! and at Nani's graduation! Hm...actually, I feel bad that I have to actually check with my Army man and ask if he was home for our middle child's high school graduation! He was deployed when our oldest got crowned Homecoming Queen for the University of Louisville...and other significant events...

Blessigns & Aloha!
(If I could have some vaca time...I wouldnt have to do these marathon sittings in blog reading catch-up! I am adding your blog to my list of Blogs I Browse, so that I can *maybe* keep up better).

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP