The Sounds of Housework

>> Saturday, February 13, 2010

I love a clean house. I love the look of it. I love the smell of it. I love everything about it.

Except that I'm the one that has to do it all.

Oh, I could hire the Merry Maids to come in and clean for me. But then I'll have to face the onslaught of criticism....

"What do you do all day?"

"Why can't you clean your own house?

and the ever popular....

"In MY day, we didn't have modern appliances.



I had to wash our clothes at the river, beating them on a rock.





We didn't have dishwashers. I had to wash our dishes by hand.




"We didn't have vacuums. I had to sweep the dirt floor with my bare hands."



(And apparently washing clothes in the river was such a big deal that statues were erected in memoriam of those who lost their lives slipping on soap covered rocks.)


Yadda, Yadda, Yadda.......

But it seems that I finally figured out what my problem was.....I wasn't properly motivated. I guess the pine-fresh smell of Lysol wasn't enough of a motivator. I guess the drone of Maury Povich in the background stating "You are NOT the father" wasn't a good motivator either. What I really needed was MUSIC! Music is a good motivator, right? I mean, it gets you to run faster on the treadmill...so why not clean faster.

You could have knocked me over with a Swiffer when I actually discovered that housecleaning has a SOUNDTRACK! Ladies - we have yet another housecleaning tool that our mothers and grandmothers didn't have!


The review from Amazon alone was worth me whipping out my credit card to purchase this piece of gold! THIS is what I needed!

Product Review:
A great CD for doing the housework to! It's lively, happy, cheerful and will keep you entertained while doing all your boring household tasks. Classics such as "Build Me Up Buttercup" and "It's Raining Men" are upbeat and will put a smile on your face and keep you motivated.

Well, heidi-ho people - It's not a maid I need....it's more than 60+ minutes of bad 70s and 80s music  that'll get my feather duster movin'!

Can you see me now?

Belting out "Love's Unkind" by Donna Summer as I scrub pee stains off the sides of the toilet bowl......

Wailing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper as I change the kids' bed sheets after yet another round of spilled water or diaper blowouts......

Or humming along to "You Sexy Thing" by Hot Chocolate as I scrub the kitchen floor......

Can't you see me singing into the hose of my vacuum to "Fame" by Irene Cara?......

But wait.....there's more!

If this disk isn't enough for you, be sure to check out the British version which has 5 CDs and over 101 Household songs



This just keeps getting better!

Now excuse me while I tie on my apron, gather up my vacuum and featherduster, queue up Roy Orbison's "Pretty Woman" and tackle the mess known as our family room!

5 comments:

Lisa February 13, 2010 at 8:52 AM  

I don't know why but it does make the tasks get done faster and with a better attitude:) I really need that bad 70's and 80's CD. Really.

Courtney February 13, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

Ha! Apparently I need to order this as well!

Vanessa February 13, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

This is great! Whenever I'm cleaning I turn on the 90s Hits that our cable has 'On Demand' and I hope none of my neighbors can see me dancing while I'm cleaning! :-D

Camp Isaac Mama February 13, 2010 at 2:42 PM  

That is too funny!!! I used to have a CD I listened to while I cleaned!! It really does help!!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP