Valentine's Day Recap

>> Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ok, so I'm a little last posting this...but better late than never, right?

So, to kick off the Valentine's celebrations, Nani and I made a Love Tree. We took some foam hearts that I had laying around and wrote on there people and things we love. My favorites that Nani wrote were God and Marshmallows!



We then took a juice bottle and cut the bottom off. We wrapped red wrapping paper around it and I let Nani go to town with stickers to decorate it.



After taping the hearts to straws, we then inserted them into some floral foam, tucked in some tissue paper - and viola! A daily reminder of those that we love!




*******************************

The next day was Nani's Valentine's party at preschool. You gotta love it. There's nothing that says Valentine's Day more than 25 preschoolers hopped up on cupcakes and sugar candy hearts! Anyway - We opted not to go with the store-bought Valentines and instead made cute little teddy bear Valentine's.

We bought a couple boxes of Teddy Grahams, some Valentine's treat bags, and bear stickers. I printed out "I'm Bear-y Glad We're Friends" on card stock and then Nani signed them and put a bear sticker on each on. I really liked how they turned out.


We dressed up that morning in hearts and I even did Nani's hair in the shape of a heart.  She was the talk of her preschool class!



It was so cute to watch Nani meticulously put each Valentine into her friend's "mailbox".



And what Valentine's Day party isn't complete with crafts, snacks, and stories?






Even Nudgie got into the spirit!

Oveall, it was a pretty nice Valentine's Day for the girls!  I love seeing Nani have so much fun with her friends and I love to see Nudgie try to do what Nani does.

I really am blessed!

12 comments:

Teaching Heart Mom February 25, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

Very cute ideas. Love the heart flowers. Very cute!

Dimes2Vines February 25, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

Stopping by from Friday Follow to say Hi! I already follow and hope you are having great week!

The Blonde Duck February 25, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

Popped in to say hi! I love you're so happy being a wife and mother. It's so inspirational.

Vanessa February 25, 2010 at 1:02 PM  

That is so cute! I think I'm going to have to steal that bear-y sweet Valentine idea for next year, that is great!

Juliana February 25, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

I LOVE the little bouquet you guys made--that is SUCH a great idea!!! So--I see that you are in Colorado. Have we talked about this before? Me too!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun February 25, 2010 at 5:49 PM  

I am loving the bouquet idea! Very creative!

Sara February 25, 2010 at 7:14 PM  

I love the boquet, so neat and special!

Nani is so adorable

sheila February 25, 2010 at 7:22 PM  

Wow, what BEAUTIFUL projects! Love that tree thing! God and Marshmallows made me smile.

So long ago were the days when I watched my kids do all this stuff. In high school and college...not so much. lol. But those were really great memories and I got to experience them thanks to your post. Thanks! :)

btw...thanks for commenting at my place! I've never been to your area but would love too....although not during football season....LOL!

Alely February 25, 2010 at 10:06 PM  

looks like a very fun valentines!

thank you for stopping by my blog and leavng a comment!

http://www.ohsweetleeme.blogspot.com

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments February 28, 2010 at 7:56 AM  

A great Valentine's day! I've said this before...your girls are too cute!!!

Blessings & Aloha!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP