It's A Jolly Holiday With Mary

>> Tuesday, March 30, 2010

On Sunday, My Marine and I took Nani to see Mary Poppins downtown.  She didn't know where we were taking her.  She just knew that we had a surprise for her.  I've been holding on to this secret for about three weeks now -- and honestly, I've been bursting with excitement!!

I am a HUGE Mary Poppins fan - especially Julie Andrews.  I knew that the musical wouldn't be exactly like the movie and I was very curious to see how it was all fit together.  I can say that I was not disappointed at all!

The folks that created the musical were brilliant -- staying true to some of the wonderful things in the original movie, but yet adding their own twists and turns and new musical numbers that just blended beautifully into the production.

I have to admit that I got teary-eyed watching Nani and her wonder at seeing Mary Poppins "fly" for real -- and the whole production in general.  At the end of the show, she started crying because she didn't want it to be over.  I didn't either.  I'd see it again and again and again!!



Nani getting ready for her "surprise"


Once she knew what she was seeing, you couldn't get the smile off her face!




One more pose!


Two Broadway babies!  Not sure who's more excited - her or me!


Fantastic seats!  Only 12 rows from the stage!!  Worth eating Hamburger Helper for a month!




I found this clip on You Tube of "Step In Time".  The guy who plays Bert is the one who we saw yesterday.  This was just as good as the movie -- if not better!





This is the "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" scene

8 comments:

Prasen March 30, 2010 at 7:06 AM  

Excellent article, it’s pleasure to read your blog ?Here is Prasen From Journeypacific Dot Com/ Journey pacific furnishes you with detailed information about Fiji Vacation Packages, Fiji weddings, Fiji vacations, Fiji honeymoon, Tahiti honeymoon, Australia vacation packages, Tonga vacation, Samoa vacation, Cook islands vacation, Island honeymoon and New Zealand vacation packages.

One Photo March 30, 2010 at 1:02 PM  

Oh wonderful post and story - your daughter will remember this special treat for the rest of her life, as I know you will too. I am so looking forward to introducing our daughter to shows, the ballet and so many other things. Such days make for the magical moments in life.

Anonymous March 30, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

My mom took me to see musicals like My Fair Lady and Mary Poppins as a child and I remember it to this day! It made a huge impression on me. I also take my children to shows whenever possible!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun March 30, 2010 at 10:15 PM  

Wow! Looks like an amazing show! How exciting! I'm sure Nani will remember it for a looooong time. :-)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments March 31, 2010 at 11:08 AM  

My oh my! What a wonderful surprise! How cute is Nani with her sweet smile. Ah! Mary Poppins is still one of our kids' favorites, especially when our younger daughter first saw the movie at about 4 yrs old. And actually, back then part of that was she had a "crush" on Dick Van Dyke! haha

Blessings & Aloha!
(I have been out of town so am just now catching up on blog reading! Yay for a mid week day off! have to catch up on housecleaning and drawing orders too...If you get a chance, do come by :o)

melaniet42 March 31, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

Sounds like a great production! We, too, are huge "Poppins" fans at our house!

Pebz ★ April 2, 2010 at 8:13 AM  

Hi! I'm following you back from follow Friday! =)

This brings back SO many memories from high school - I was Mary Poppins in my 9th grade school play! Step In Time was my FAVORITE scene!

Katie April 9, 2010 at 1:06 PM  

What a super fun outing!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP