Random Thoughts - Monday Edition

>> Monday, March 29, 2010


I've had a lot on my mind this past weekend. A friend and fellow MOPS momma lost her baby girl at 35 weeks over the weekend. We are all praying for her and the family -- and rallying around her as best as we can.  I just can't get her out of my mind.

I had a scare with Nudgie when I was about 6 months along. Usually when I would get up to go to the bathroom, she'd be very active afterwards. But I didn't feel anything, and then realized that I hadn't felt any movement for awhile. I started poking my belly hoping to get her to move -- and nothing. I woke up My Marine and told him that I felt that something was wrong. My dad was visiting at the time and he stayed home with Nani while we went to the hospital. I was amazed at how quickly they took me -- no questions, no paperwork, just whisking me away. I remember laying in that hospital bed crying and thinking the worst -- and how was I going to tell people if something did happen. The nurse came in and started to get me set up with the monitor, talking to me in calming, soothing tones while asking me questions -- last time I felt her move, etc. She got the monitor set up and I grabbed My Marine's hand and started to pray -- hard. The room was silent as she searched for the heartbeat. Seconds ticked on and they felt like an eternity -- until I heard that beautiful sound....that soft thump, thump, thump. I started to cry and asked the nurse to turn the monitor up so I could hear it louder. She smiled and patted my hand. I stayed on that monitor for about an hour before they discharged me.

But not all stories end that way as I sadly found out this weekend.  A close friend of hers sent out an email to say that she had delivered the baby around noon on Saturday and that the doctors think the baby had died a few days prior to that.  The family was able to hold her, spend time with her and memorialize the moments with photos and footprints.

Before I wrote this, I checked my Facebook page -- just because -- and saw that she had changed her profile photo to a photo of her baby's tiny, perfect feet.  I lost it.

If you have a moment, please say a prayer for my friend, her family, and her beautiful angel in heaven - Lylac Butterfly.

I just wish I could understand why these things happen.

7 comments:

Tracy March 29, 2010 at 5:29 AM  

This is so sad. My thoughts and prayers will be with your friend and her family.

The Four Week Vegan March 29, 2010 at 6:13 AM  

I am so sorry to hear this - I cannot imagine their pain. I am praying for them.

Debbie March 29, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

I will certainly pray for your friend and her family. What a terrible tragedy.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun March 29, 2010 at 1:27 PM  

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I'll be praying for her and her family during this difficult time.

Beth Zimmerman March 29, 2010 at 4:25 PM  

Oh Jen! I'm sorry! Will be praying!

Vanessa March 29, 2010 at 10:23 PM  

This hurts my heart. Your friend and her family are in my prayers.

Darcy March 30, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

Jen, I am sorry for your friend and her family. I will keep Them and You in prayers! What a beautiful name for a precious angel!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP