Mommy's Night Out......

>> Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Last Sunday night, I got a night out.  Last Sunday night was the first gathering of the Mt. Olive Mamas Club. We've been friends for almost two years now thanks to our kiddies being in the same preschool (Mt. Olive) since Day One.  But aside from school activities and the occasional birthday party, we've never really hung out together -- childless -- until last Sunday night.

We decided that we needed some time to hang out and get to know each other -- really know each other -- without having to share a meal or break up spats.  A chance for uninterrupted conversation and alcoholic beverages and letting our hair down without the worries that little ears were listening.

We did it and there's no going back now.

We met at BJs Brewery and over fish tacos, calzones, and beers, we laughed and talked and laughed more and more.

We discovered that we all at one time or another have taken our children into a liquor store, have had breastpump nightmare stories to share, talked about funny (and embarrassing) things our kids have said. 


We reminicised about the times BK (Before Kids) when we would just be getting ready to go OUT at 9pm instead of crawling into jammies and bed.

There was a lot of "I never knew that!" or "No you did not!" as we opened up more and shared a little bit more about ourselves.  That night, we were no longer someone's mom, but for a short time, we were just a group of gals out for some drinks and laughs.

At the end of the night, Nick - our server - came by with our checks and we came back to reality. 


I don't know about them, but I felt my "mom tank" fill up that night and knew that because of them, I was refreshed and ready to go back home to my girls a better mom.

We promised each other that we would try to make this a more regular thing.  Even when our kids start kindergarten next year and will go on to different schools.  We hope to remain a close knit group.

We're already planning for next month's night out!

8 comments:

The Four Week Vegan March 23, 2010 at 6:42 AM  

I love moms nights out! So glad you got one and I hope you get many more.

Molly March 23, 2010 at 8:44 AM  

Jen, I was actually searching your blog yesterday trying to find if you had written abut our great night! Thanks for sending it out! It made my coffee even tastier this morning! I had so much fun and can't wait for the next one!

Lisa March 23, 2010 at 10:49 AM  

Hey Jen,
Thanx so much for sending this out! I just read it with my coffee, too, and found myself laughing out loud, remembering some of the things. That was a fabulous night!
Lisa

Ashley March 23, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

Mom's Night Out rocks. There's nothing like going out to dinner and getting to eat your meal using BOTH of your hands!

Vanessa March 23, 2010 at 2:53 PM  

Those are the best!! Which reminds me, our group is due for one!!

Robin March 24, 2010 at 12:03 AM  

Fun times, fun times indeed! Can't wait for the next one already!

Katie March 24, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

You totally need to make this a regular thing! A group of gals I met through preschool playgroup tries to have mom's night out once a month. Sometimes it's only for a quick coffee and sometimes it's for longer but it's always wonderful to have some kid free time. It really does refresh me and help make me a better mommy, because I am able to maintain my sanity and sense of self better this way.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP