My Souvenir From Jordan.....

>> Wednesday, March 24, 2010

As I mentioned, My Marine was in Jordan last month. 

He visited beautiful biblical sites. 

(View of the Holy Land from Mt. Nebo)


(Mt. Nebo - At the memorial to Moses)


(Petra - where the 3rd Indiana Jones movies was filmed)

Visited with fellow Jordanian soldiers. 

(Note that the man in the photo behind them is Jordan's King Abdullah.  Nothing says royalty like a monarch with a grenade launcher)


(My Marine's counterpart...all the Jordanians thought My Marine looked like John Travolta)


(Jordanian helicopter)

Ate sumptuous Jordanian meals.

(Using your hands to eat just about everything)


(Nothing says tourist like sitting on a curb to eat)


(Sampling the local coffee/tea)


And brought me back olives in a Pepsi bottle.

(Olives picked straight from the orchard of their host family)

I really felt the love -- couldn't you?

8 comments:

One Photo March 24, 2010 at 7:48 AM  

Great photos and yes, you can feel the mutual love and respect. Your husband definitely has a look of Travolta about him.

Enjoy having your marine back home and have a wonderful day.

I'm Tara. March 24, 2010 at 8:42 AM  

I loved checking out these photos. Definitely nothing says love like olives in a pepsi bottle -- for sure! :) Miss you.

Anonymous March 24, 2010 at 11:51 AM  

He might pass as a look-alike with longer, dark brown hair! Love the picture of Petra!

Katie March 24, 2010 at 4:04 PM  

Wow these are wonderful adventures, it's great that he's seen so many places most of us never will. I only wish he were there for another reason and with you and your family on holiday. But since he has to be gone, it's nice to know he has got to experience so much.

The Four Week Vegan March 25, 2010 at 6:21 AM  

What great pics - I love the Petra one - amazing. I bet those are the best olives ever! Reminds me of my friend - hubby went to Paris for 2 weeks and brought her back a magnet from the airport - oh yes, she was so very happy.

Vanessa March 26, 2010 at 8:16 PM  

Very cool photos! And I can see the Travolta look! ;-)

Lisa March 27, 2010 at 7:51 AM  

That would be an awesome experience!

I gotta say, I don't eat olives (unless they are chopped into oblivion) but the Pepsi bottle is cool!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP