Random Thoughts - Monday Edition

>> Monday, March 1, 2010



I took a blogging break over the weekend.  Hubby got home on Friday, so we spent the weekend together as a family.  I have to admit that I did feel the itch to check my email or read a blog or two, but spending time with hubby FINALLY watching the Women Tell All on The Bachelor was a bit up higher on the priority list!


**********************************


The best kind of coffee is the one that a friend brings you when you having a rough go of it!


**********************************


I've discovered that after watching endless episodes of Nanny 911 and Supernanny, that I'm really not all that bad of a mom after all.


**********************************


My Marine goes to Jordan visits beautiful biblical sites. And brings me back a jar of olives. Enough said.


**********************************


Conversation with Nani:

Nani: Mommy, you're the queen, Daddy's the king, and I'm the princess.

Me: What's Nudgie?

Nani: The court jester

Gotta love it!


**********************************


Wednesday night, the toilet in my master bathroom decided to get all tempermental on me. Not quite a full-blown overflow, but enough to tease me into thinking, "Hey - I might have to make you get the plunger at 2am" - which happened anyway. So, there I am, in a tshirt and My Marine's boxer/briefs (which, incidentally, are THE MOST comfortable things to sleep in....try it sometime!) plunging the toilet at 2am. Hearing that suck-thump-suck-thump sound over and over. After about 20 min. whatever was stuck (don't be gross!) was unstuck and I had a blister the size of quarter on my thumb from rubbing against the wooden handle. Not happy!


**********************************
 

Thursday afternoon, I picked up Nani from school. She saw me carrying Nudgie to the car and started the following conversation:

Nani: "You hold Nudgie because she's little" (To her, hold = carry)

Me: "Yes, she is little and sometimes it's a little hard for her to walk so far."

Nani: "Well, you don't need to hold me anymore -- I'm a big girl"

Me: "Sometimes I still carry you. Just because you're a big girl, that doesn't mean I don't like to carry you anymore."

Nani: "But you can't. Daddy can hold me because he's big and strong. You can hold Nudgie"

Inside, I KNOW what she's getting across, but her word choices just stab me in the heart. "You don't need to hold me anymore" Well, I've got news for you baby girl - yes, you may be too big for me to carry....but you will NEVER - EVER - be too big for me to hold.

8 comments:

Truthful Mommy March 1, 2010 at 7:09 AM  

I love your blog!SUper cute!!! Thanks for following and I am now following and adding to my "blogs I love!" list.
Debi

Susie March 1, 2010 at 8:23 AM  

That is some wonderful randomness:-)

Krajcimama March 1, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

What a wonderful post! I laughed and teared up! That's the ultimate sign of a great read!

Happy Monday!

Kim March 1, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

I can imagine those are some terrible words to hear from your little girl. My oldest is too young to express his thoughts so well, but I can see it in his eyes sometimes when I'm holding the baby and it really does break my heart. I try to make some special cuddle time for him every day (which sometimes he doesn't even want, but he is going to ease my mommy guilt whether he likes it or not!)

Vanessa March 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

Ha! I have had the same exact thoughts after watching Supernanny and Nanny 911! :-D And I SO feel you about your girls -- we will be holding them forever!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun March 1, 2010 at 7:26 PM  

I agree with Krajcimama. I laughed. I cried. All at the same time! Great post!!

Anonymous March 1, 2010 at 9:04 PM  

I've got an award for you at my blog :)

Kinderbloom March 1, 2010 at 11:17 PM  

Great blog. Following you from Tag, your it.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP