Popping In To Say Hello!

>> Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's been a crazy couple of days here since MIL visited.  And I'm still on limited power on my laptop until my new power cord arrives -- hopefully soon!

My morning routine has been a little skewed.  MIL is sleeping downstairs in our family room.  Normally I'm up with My Marine, have my morning coffee and computer time.  But that ain't happenin' -- so I'm a little behind with my blogging, giveaways, and other important computer things like Facebooking and eBaying.

My computer is now upstairs in our bedroom, but it's just too easy to roll over and go back to sleep for a little bit.

Anyway, we've been keeping busy here since MIL's arrival -- trips to the nursery for flowers for Nani, hiking in state parks and a visit to the zoo.  We planted a fairy garden in the front yard for Nani (pictures to be posted soon!) and I'm going to try - once again - my hand at growing herbs and tomatoes.  MIL bought me some basil, oregeno, marjoram, and a roma tomato plant.  I'm going to try -- really I am.  But for those of you who know me well, know that I do NOT have a green thumb.  I'm lucky my kids and dogs are still alive!

Today My Marine has his yearly flight physical.  He's put it off long enough and just decided to bite the bullet and get it done.  Hopefully all will go well.  But when he gets home, he will be taking his mother and the girls to the Butterfly Pavilion this afternoon.....

Leaving me with about 3 hours of total peace and quiet -- no kids, no husband, no MIL -- and most importantly -- no cooking!  He'll be bringing home dinner tonight and then hopefully we'll go catch a movie.

So what am I going to do with my free time this afternoon?

Probably laundry, a little vacuuming, and definitely some blogging!

3 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty May 19, 2010 at 8:06 AM  

I hope the physical will go well! I want to see a fairy garden!

Vanessa May 19, 2010 at 10:37 PM  

Now that school's out here, 3 hours of time with no one else in the house sounds like a little piece of heaven!!

Anonymous May 20, 2010 at 1:45 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP