Fairy Garden

>> Thursday, May 20, 2010

We have a little space around the tree in our front yard where we decided to try our hand at planting some flowers.  The sprinklers hit that section of the yard, so they'll get some good watering and - hopefully - I won't kill them off.

I didn't want to overplant with flowers, so I decided to create a little fairy corner among the flowers.

I found all my supplies at Hobby Lobby - miniature wooden pots, wood dowel rod, park bench and fairy.

My Marine cut the dowel rods down for me, sanded them, and then glued the pots to the top. 




I painted them with bright colors and polka dots to resemble fairy toadstools.  I'm really happy with how they turned out.




Then I painted the bench a bright red.


Add flowers courtesy of MIL and viola - a little fairy garden!



We're still waiting for the fairy to make her appearance!



I'm linking up with ABC and 123's Show and Tell Blog Hop!

abc button

11 comments:

Mozi Esme May 20, 2010 at 7:36 AM  

Adorable - especially that last photo!

Dina May 20, 2010 at 7:48 AM  

oh jen that is so cute and you are so talented!! can you make me some? i would trade you for the herbs and oils. Also I can tell you which flowers in particular attract the fairies. recently I came across a book on Mary Garden's. i did not know they existed but i thought you would like that. also did you know the 3rd book from kathleen mcgowan comes out tuesday?

Andrea May 20, 2010 at 8:02 AM  

How cute!!! and FUN for the little girls!

Helene May 20, 2010 at 10:21 AM  

That's adorable...how fun!!! I love that last picture!!!

Natalie PlanetSmarty May 20, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

Love it, especially the little fairy that already visited her garden :)

Christy Killoran May 20, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

So cute! I want to do something like this in my yard too!

Vanessa May 20, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

Love it! That's adorable -- my 3-year-old got some wildflower seeds as a gift this year, I'm thinking this would be a great way to use them!

One Photo May 20, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

What a lovely idea for your daughters, and that last photo waiting for the fairies is just wonderful

Katie May 23, 2010 at 1:01 AM  

I love it, perfect timing for me to see this post! ER is obsessed with putting together a little fairy spot at our house too. Great ideas which I will be attempting to steal☺ Did you seal the paint with anything?

Alissa May 26, 2010 at 3:35 AM  

Oh how lovely, little things like this fairy garden are all worth the effort when you see how much they adore it, I bet

Paula@One Mom's Corner of the World May 26, 2010 at 8:27 AM  

How creative! I'm visiting from Welcome Wednesday. I signed up to be your follower.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP