Garage Sale Saturday!

>> Saturday, June 5, 2010


I love garage sales!  I love having a Saturday morning to myself, Starbucks in one hand and my list of garage sales in another.  I do usually have a plan of attack.  The night before, I'll scan Craigslist checking out the garage sales that are listed.  I'll print out about 4-6 different ones and plug them into my GPS.  Then I'll hit each one according to what time they start.  I try to get there as soon as they start because I'm a firm believer of scouting out the good stuff early!

Memorial weekend was no different, except that I took Nani with me.  I usually give her a dollar or two and she gets to pick and choose what she wants -- no questions asked from mommy.

We found some great buys this past weekend including this awesome logic game - Castle Logix by Educational Insights. 


I found this gem sitting on a dusty table for just $1 and snatched it up.  It was like new and looked like it had hardly been played with.  To be honest, I had no idea what I was buying -- it just looked interesting and fun.

When I looked it up on Amazon, I found this description:

Construct castles, block by block and tower by tower, as you flex your logic muscles with this beautifully crafted 3-D wooden puzzle. The challenge is to assemble the wooden blocks and towers into one of the castles in the puzzle booklet. With simple puzzles for inexperienced builders to complex puzzles that will challenge skilled ones, Castle Logix is designed to stretch a player's logical thinking skills and to develop spatial reasoning abilities. It includes seven durable wooden castle pieces and a full-color, illustrated booklet with 48 multi-level puzzle challenges. Made of smooth, high-quality wood, Castle Logix has the look and feel of a classic children's game.


I honestly have to say that this was probably one of THE best garage sale finds I've had.  Nani just LOVES this game.  Over Memorial Day weekend, she must have sat on her blanket for hours just going through the book, putting together the puzzles.  Even Nudgie enjoyed playing with the pieces, creating her own little castle masterpieces.





I highly recommend this game - even if you can't find it at a garage sale!  They have another game similar to this one called Royal Rescue.  We're already thinking about getting it for Nani for her birthday!

So, do you shop garage sales and if so - what are some awesome things that you found?

11 comments:

Heather (One Take On Life) June 5, 2010 at 5:14 AM  

I like garage sales, but all of ours start on Wed or Thursdays around here. Which means I have Maddy my toddler in tow. She will only shop to an extent.
This makes me want to go garage sale hopping this am:) Great find!
Thanks for stopping by - now following you.

The Four Week Vegan June 5, 2010 at 6:21 AM  

I don't go to garage sales. I am just not a shopper in any sense of the word. Please don't revoke my girl membership, I just must have missed that gene when they were passing out female traits. My hubby likes to shop more than I do - LOL

Laura Lynn June 5, 2010 at 7:21 AM  

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!

I thrift shop a lot which you may have noticed on my blog. I garage sale a little. I would like to more but it seems our Saturdays are so full. But thrift shops and a flea market just a few miles away is my little bit of heaven!

I buy vintage items and stuff for my home. I also get toys for the kiddos. I think it's the ultimate in recycling! I love it!

Love your blog - I'll be back!

P.S. My husband was stationed at Ft. Leonardwood (Basic) Ft. Bragg, Presidio of Monterey CA, somewhere in Germany for language and Cuba, Ft. Huachucha and we ended at Ft. Hood. It was more fun for me. We are still in contact with the Army friends although he is out now. Good times.

anne maskell June 5, 2010 at 8:01 AM  

Hi there! Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! I love poking around garage sales and thrift stores. You never know what treasures you'll find!

One Photo June 5, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

I think it takes talent to sort through and find the bargains at sales, seems like you have it! That game looks great fun, I am going to see if I can find it.

The Find is a great site for seeking out things at good prices so I shall take a look there.

Happy hunting today!

Jamie June 5, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

Hey Jennifer :-) ( I might slip up and call you Jen from time to time, it's my sister's name )
Thanks for the follow from the 40's :-)

You and I sound similar in many ways. I use humor a lot too, to ease situations and with two grown daughters, honey? Ya need it! ha ha

Looking forward to your 'visits' and yup, I'm on your bandwagon too :-)

Unknown June 5, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

Following back! Nice to meet you!

Christy Killoran June 5, 2010 at 9:22 PM  

I'll have to look for that game!

Julia June 7, 2010 at 7:35 PM  

That looks really fun! I'm going to have to keep my eye out for one!

Katie June 8, 2010 at 1:34 PM  

This is totally garage sale GOLD! How awesome, what a great find and I bet it'll provide hours of entertainment.

Natalie PlanetSmarty June 10, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

I am so-so jealous that you found this game on the garage sale. It's on my wish list, and I might eventually break down and get it. I am far from being so organized - I just stop by occasionally when I see a garage sale. We did find some great things on garage sales - cheap books, a puppet theater - but nothing like this gem.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP