In The Good Ole' Summertime.......

>> Sunday, June 6, 2010



You know I love making lists. I am a big To-Do list fan. I have my daily to-do list, monthly to-do list, and yearly to-do list.

But I thought that as a family, we would make a Summer To Do List. We originally planned on taking the girls to D-I-S-N-E-Y this summer, but have decided to postpone that trip until the fall. So now I pretty much have the whole month of July, in addition to June and August, to fill up with fun activities. So, last night, we sat down as a family and planned out our summer to do list.

Summer Reading Challenge  (I just did a post on this and shared a picture of the chart we made)

Summer Journaling (We bought a scrapbook and some paper at JoAnn's on clearnace.  Together, with Nani, we'll put together a scrapbook where she will write about the fun stuff we do this summer. We'll help her write everything down and include pictures)

Weekend Field Trip (You know I'm a big fan of exploring our state with field trips.  We're not sure yet where this will take us. But to see some new parts of our state will require an overnight stay somewhere)

Trips to the zoo (We've already got two trips planned over the next two weeks!)

Visit farms and/or farmer's markets (We visited our first farmer's market of the season over Memorial Day weekend!)


Swimming
Trips to the library
Camp out in the backyard
Go to the state fair
Watch the fireworks
Go bowling
Go hiking
Go to the movies
Picnics at the park
Outside Play (Bubbles, Chalk and Sidewalk Paint)
Go to the amusement park
Vacation Bible School
LEAP Programs at school
Summer ballet
Star gazing
Beach
Drive in
Horse rides
Visit the pet store
Treasure hunt
Princess Picnic
Fly kites
Wash car/bikes
Puzzle Day
Book Day
PJ Day
Game Day
Homemade popsicles
Try a new fruit
Visit the Dollar Store


Mommy also has a small summer to do list:

1) Get my Etsy store up and running

2) Finish current book reviews and take a summer sabbatical from book reviews. Read at least 4 books for pleasure.

3) Sign up for a yoga therapy class

4) Catch up on the last season of The Tudors


We may not get through the entire list -- but we're sure going to have fun trying!!

7 comments:

Christy Killoran June 6, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

I just started our summer list too.

We are going to Disney in the fall too. October. We went right before Halloween two years ago and it was a fun time to be there, so we planned this year's trip for the same time of year.

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum June 6, 2010 at 11:53 AM  

Great list. I'm a list girl too. We have a few of the same things on our list.

One Photo June 6, 2010 at 1:38 PM  

Wow! I love the list and the fact that you sat down and put this together as a family. Good luck also with setting up your Etsy store, I think it will be a runaway success.

The Four Week Vegan June 6, 2010 at 3:55 PM  

The beach weekly is on my list for sure! You look like your summer will be super fun.

Zen Mama June 6, 2010 at 4:54 PM  

Hi there - thanks for stopping by my site. I love your summer to do list. I hope you enjoy each and every sun filled day.

Mrs. JPT June 6, 2010 at 9:01 PM  

I agree, this is a great list! I might have to do something similar.

Stopping by from Faith Deployed's FB page and your comment you left on my blog. Thanks for stopping by. I'm your newest follower!

Helene June 6, 2010 at 10:40 PM  

I just made a summer list the other night! I feel so much better when I have a list of things to refer to when at a loss!!

I like the idea of a reading challenge. One of my biggest fears is getting so wrapped up in the day to day care of the kids that I'll forget about keeping Cole and Bella engaged in everything they learned this past year in kindergarten...reading being one of them!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP