I'm in Heaven......

>> Thursday, June 10, 2010

We recently cancelled our cable with Comcast and made the switch to Direct TV.  It wasn't a decision I took lightly.  I hate change.  I resist it with every ounce of my being.  Certainly not a good quality for a military spouse, but I get through it once I'm done sulking.


So, I gave in to My Marine's whim and agreed to make the change.  I was hesitant.  I complained.  I bitched a blue streak when I found out I had to have a tech come back to set us up so that I could get On Demand.  (Do these people not realize that I have a whole season of The Tudors to catch up on?  Episodes that I saved to watch while My Marine was gone over these next two weeks???)

So, yesterday, the tech comes back and fixes my problem and give me a bonus (no, not that -- get your minds out of the gutter people!  But honestly -- it's just as good!)

He programmed my receiver upstairs so that now I can watch whatever I tape in the comfort of my bedroom.  Whatever I tape on my DVR can now be viewed from my wonderfully comfy queen-sized bed.

I instantly became a convert of Direct TV.

I couldn't get the girls to bed fast enough so that I could put my jammies on and make a big bowl of popcorn and snuggle in my bed with Henry VIIIth.


(Mommy - we haven't had dinner yet!  It's still light outside!  Why are you in your pajamas?)

I may never leave my bedroom again!!!

6 comments:

Dina June 10, 2010 at 7:46 AM  

i have been so happy with directtv, i switched from comcast years ago

Chelsey - The Paper Mama June 10, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

Hmmmm, maybe will switch sometime. But, we are planning on cutting our cable to save some $...

MollyinMinn June 10, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

That is so funny. Like you, I struggle with change, well not all change, mostly when it comes to changing up utilities. Glad you've liked it!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments June 10, 2010 at 4:25 PM  

haha! Yes, being a military family...being "Semper Gumbi" (always flexible) is a good thing to be!

We made the switch too! And I love that we can record on DVR!

You cracked me up with "...still light outside! Why are you in your pajamas!"

Blessings & Aloha!

文君 June 10, 2010 at 11:24 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous June 11, 2010 at 8:23 PM  

Love it.
Hi,
Thank-you for stopping by my blog.
I have my foot in a small walking boot now. Yeah.
Take Care
http://misc-oceansky.blogspot.com

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP