Latest Crafts - Picture Frames and Stamped Tshirts

>> Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I've got a bunch of friends having babies within the next few months.  I'm so excited because it gives me an opportunity to create unique gifts for my friends. 

Yeah, yeah -- there's the registry -- but hubby and I always like to find gifts that reflect the people we know and like to make it very personal.

My friend Suzanne had a baby girl about two weeks ago.  Isabella had some complications shortly after birth and ended up having to have open heart surgery short of being just a week old to repair heart valves that were reversed at birth.  Little Isabella is a fighter and is recovering beyond all the doctors' expectations.  We all continue to hope and pray that she heals well and can come home soon!

Anyway - I wanted to make something special for a gift.  I found out that her nursery colors are brown and purple.  A unique combination that I found works well together.  Her parents also call her "Butterfly", so I came up with an idea for a picture frame.

I bought this frame at Hobby Lobby for 80% off.  (It ended up being $2.40, marked down from $19.99).  As you can see, it says "Baby Boy" all over it.  Clearly, Isabella is NOT a baby boy -- so I had some work cut out for me.



Some purple and brown paint, some wood letters, some sparkly jewels and one wooden butterfly later.....



I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

For my next project, I was inspired by this over at I Am Momma, Hear Me Roar.  I've been wanting to decorate some tshirts for awhile now and decided to make matching stamped shirts for myself and the girls to wear to our military Family Day picnic on Sunday.  I pretty much followed her tutorial to the letter -- just to see how it would turn out.  (And I just loved the paisley design!)

For myself, I used a grey Old Navy tshirt that had some small spots that I just couldn't get out.  Love that I can cover them this way!  For the girls, I had bought them, a while back, matching tank tops from Old Navy.  So I used those.  And here's the end result!





I ended up getting tons of compliments on them!!


*************************************************


I'm participating in Night Owl Crafting's Blog Hop "Hoo's Got Talent"


NightOwlCrafting

11 comments:

iammommahearmeroar June 23, 2010 at 6:49 AM  

Jennifer, Great job on the t-shirts! They look awesome and I love the paisleys on the little tank tops, too. You totally roared! Thank you SO much for sharing and linking. Have a wonderful day!

Karen Mortensen June 23, 2010 at 9:51 AM  

Everything looks great. Good job.

One Photo June 23, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

Love the photo frame, it is beautiful and the shirts turned out wonderfully well. I wish I was creative :-)

Leslie June 23, 2010 at 5:29 PM  

I love both of your cute projects! I was wondering if you would link them up to Hoo's got talent instead of Hoo are you on my blog! It is a commom mistake, sorry my link parties both start with HOO! Thanks for linking up your talent!

MollyinMinn June 24, 2010 at 1:55 PM  

You are so creative! I am thoroughly impressed!!!

Psyche June 25, 2010 at 1:15 PM  

Hello there!

Happy friday.

Following from the Fun Follow Friday.

xo,
~gwen
http://psycheslab.blogspot.com

Julia June 25, 2010 at 8:03 PM  

I have an award for you on my blog :)

http://julia-livelovelaugh.blogspot.com/2010/06/versatile-blogger.html

Anonymous June 26, 2010 at 7:39 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gretchen Seefried June 27, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

Coming over from the over 40 Blog Hop! So glad I did....I am now following you! I am reading your blog and see that you are a Marine Wife! Please come over and join our Military Wives Flock at Midchix! Dawna just started it and she really needs members to join her journey! She has been working oh so hard on it! Also you can link your Etsy Shop up in many places on Midchix! It's free Link Love and it's fun! Come over and please let me know if you need help linking back to your blog! Love the project you posted! See ya soon!
http://www.midchix.com/
Gretchen

elizabeth @ twelvecrafts June 28, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

Jennifer-
Not sure if you saw that you won the thank you give-away at twelve crafts till Christmas. WooHoo! I've tried contacting you by e-mail, but it keeps bouncing back to me. Not sure why. Would you mind sending me an e-mail address? Then I will send it on to Alexandra from CSN so that she can send you the gift code/card number in the amount of $30.00 to use at CSN stores. Thanks Jennifer!

Practically Spent July 9, 2010 at 8:42 AM  

Love all things paisley. They look pretty cool!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP