Random Thoughts During Crazy Times.....

>> Monday, June 21, 2010

It's been a crazy week and I apologize for not visiting any blogs or really writing too much.

It all started last week. My Marine was supposed to be home on Wednesday after being gone for 2 weeks of training. But the day before, the battalion sent a helicopter out to help search for an injured hiker (who later passed away). While conducting the rescue, the helicopter rotors hit some rocks on the mountainside and came in for a hard landing.  All the crew on the helicopter, by the grace of God, were safe with minimal injuries (bumps, bruises, etc.).  So, hubby ended up being part of the aftermath - which involves transporting the crew, finishing the original mission of bringing the hiker down from the mountain, and then figuring out how to get the crashed helicopter down the mountain.  My Marine left again this morning for another week of being down south facilitating the removal of the helicopter.

Then there was the excitement surrounding the Military Ball that we were supposed to attend this past Saturday.  As of Friday, I still didn't know if we were going or not.  I had talked to my friend, Cindy, and we decided that if our guys couldn't go, then Cindy and I would go and represent -- that's just the kind of wives we are!  So, there was the craziness of running around getting last minute accessories, makeup, etc. for the ball.  Turns out that our hubbys were able to go.......

So, Saturday evening, hubby and I dressed up for the first time in almost two years and went to the Military Ball.  We had a BLAST!!




The next day was our Family Day picnic.  I took my 5th helicopter ride in the Blackhawk with my friend Cindy.  I just love when they do spouse rides - and I'm always the first one to say "Hell yeah I'm flying!".  It's so much fun!

Me and Cindy midflight


So this week starts another week of craziness with hubby being gone, Nani at Vacation Bible School, meetings for my FRG (Family Readiness Group) - because I'm not insane enough, so I volunteered to be our unit's representative for the FRG, a meeting for my new role as Publicity Coordinator for my MOPS group, and packing for our upcoming weekend in Breckenridge for FRG training.



I promise to try and visit and comment while I can this week!!  Hope you're all doing well and have a great week!

7 comments:

Truthful Mommy June 21, 2010 at 7:24 AM  

I hope things even out for you soon. Love that you just keep taking it in stride. You are amazing!Take care. Happy Mothering!
http://motherhoodthetruth.blogspot.com/

Jamie June 21, 2010 at 7:24 AM  

Your week sounds like it was a lot of fun, glad you reconnected with your man and no apologies because you were living life :-)

Karen Mortensen June 21, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

Glad you got to go to the ball. Good luck with everything.

MollyinMinn June 21, 2010 at 1:40 PM  

Hope things calm down soon. You look fantastic in that photo! Gorgeous!

One Photo June 21, 2010 at 2:26 PM  

Sorry life has been so hectic, but am very glad to hear you got to go to the ball!

Vanessa June 21, 2010 at 9:08 PM  

Glad you got to go to the ball and take a ride! Doesn't sound like things will necessarily slow down for you, but I hope they all go smoothly for you!

Natalie PlanetSmarty June 23, 2010 at 7:39 AM  

I am sorry that the week was so crazy, but it's great that you got to go to the ball. I've never been on a helicopter ride - how fun it must be, especially with your husband in a pilot seat.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP