Random Thoughts - Monday Edition

>> Monday, June 7, 2010



I wonder if Jake and Vienna will be watching Ali on The Bachelorette

**********************************

So, My Marine calls me from his latest mission a few weeks ago......

Turns out they couldn't land in their scheduled landing zone because they were being attacked by Indians. There was some protest over the Army landing at this particular spot, so the Indian tribes staged a protest -- complete with spears.

My Marine has had many experiences in his military career -- including missile attacks in Iraq.
Guess he can now add being attacked by Indians to his list.

**********************************

The other day I was PMS'ing so badly and craving chocolate in the worst way. It was so bad that I was tempted to make up a batch of brownies just to eat the batter. Why didn't I just bake the brownies, you ask? Takes too long. I wanted the chocolate -- and I wanted it now!

**********************************

One morning I was running errands with the girls. We were listening to my WOW compilation that I made and "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman starts to play. Nani, so sweet, says from the backseat..."This song's about me, Mommy." I replied that yes, it does remind mommy about her, but that it's also about all little girls -- Nudgie too. Nani was quiet for a minute and then she said....

"Mommy, that's why daddy can never go away again."

I was confused and asked what she meant by that.

And she says...

"Daddy can't go away again because he has to teach me how to dance."

And the flood gates opened..........

6 comments:

One Photo June 7, 2010 at 8:12 AM  

Oh what a sweet comment from your daughter, that would have had my Mommy induced emotional state crying too. I know over here they have Daddy and Daughter dances, which do not exist in England. I am looking forward to my daughter going to some next year (most here have a minimum age of 4) as I am sure she will just love it and her Daddy is a good dancer. I bet your daughter will love those too.

Traci Michele June 7, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

I love that you wonder if Jake and Vienna will be watching Ali on the Bachlorette! I say probably Yes! haha

Found you over at Courtney's blog... I'm participating as well.

Feel free to link up your marriage posts over at Ordinary Inspirations. http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2010/06/love-notes-revisted-and-hope.html

I also wrote a post awhile back about Military wives being my heros. Thank you for your service at "home" while your hubby is away!

Debbie June 7, 2010 at 3:52 PM  

That would have brought on the tears for me too! So darling.

Julia June 7, 2010 at 7:33 PM  

Oh, that last one is just so sweet ♥

Liz Mays June 8, 2010 at 8:02 AM  

You mean Jake and Vienna are still together???

I'm stunned about that Indian attack. Stunned!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP