Another Use for Bakeware!

>> Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Just around the time I started Tot School with Nudgie, I found this great blog from Michelle over at the Muffin Tin Mom.  She has this great concept of serving meals/snacks in muffin tins.  What a GREAT idea!  I never, in a million years, would have ever thought of that!

Well, the other day, she asked on her FB book if there were any stores near us that sold Wilton products.  I responded to her and she asked me to write about some of my favorite Wilton products and why I liked them.

First, I had never done a muffin tin meal at all.  But after reading Michelle's blog, I thought I'd give it a try with Nani first.  For lunch.  After picking her up from Kindergarten.  You would have thought I had given her the world!

So, I served her lunch in Wilton's Wilton's silicon mini leaf and pumpkin mold.  I actually got mine last summer at a clearance rack at Hobby Lobby
.


You would have thought that I invented chocolate!  She loved it so much!  And every day she has been asking for lunch in the "pumpkin" pan!  I personally love this pan for making mini pumpkin breads!  I have been finding the silicon bakeware easier and easier to use!

Another score from Hobby Lobby were these adorable silly critters silicone cupcake baking cups, also from Wilton.  I picked up ours at another clearance sale at Hobby Lobby.  There were only two sets left, so I bought both sets -- one for Nudgie and one for Nani.




In fact, we used them again today for the movie-themed Muffin Tin Monday.  (Ok, so I'm a day behind!)  Our theme was the Disney Princess movies.  I made her "glass slipper sandwiches", Snow White apples, "Under the Sea" yogurt, and "Beauty & the Beast" juice.  I loved seeing her eyes light up when she saw this waiting for her when she came home from school!



I love browsing the baking sections of the craft stores.  You just never know what you're going to find!  I do have a wish list built up -- and some of the items I'd love to add to our collections some day are this:

Bear Silicon Baking Cups:

Flower Silicon Baking Cups:

And, of course, anything from the Disney Princess or Tinkerbell bakeware collection! 

(If anyone has any connections with Wilton, I'm happy to do a product review for them!  Please?  Pretty please?  LOL!)

So what are some of your favorite baking "accessories"?

8 comments:

Ash September 15, 2010 at 12:12 AM  

that's an awesome idea!

wilton - can you pls let this wonderful mummy do a review?

~ash's mum

Christy Killoran September 15, 2010 at 5:46 AM  

We do this too. We have the Wilton bear cups and some flower cups (ours aren't the nice Wilton flower cups though - we found them in the dollar spot at Target). I love the shoe sandwiches!

B September 15, 2010 at 9:59 AM  

Super cute idea - and I love the bear cups! I'm going to have to search for some of these in my area!

Julia September 15, 2010 at 12:39 PM  

Those are so cute! I have been dying for some silicone bakeware ;)

maryanne @ mama smiles September 16, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

My kids love muffin tin meals, and especially when they are served in those Wilton's silicon molds =)

Aleksandra Nearing September 17, 2010 at 9:48 AM  

How cute - and how creative! I love those cupcake holders.

MollyinMinn September 17, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

Oh my, those are so cute. I had never seen them before. Thanks for bringing them to my attention!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments September 17, 2010 at 10:34 PM  

Oh my goodness...these are so cute! And so is your little one modeling how well they work :o) Hm...will have to keep my eyes open for some of these (for our future grandbabies! haha)

I've never baked in the silicone muffin pans...how do they do?

Blessings & Aloha!
Just wanted to stop by and say hello! I finally made it to me 100th post, so I wanted to let you know that I have several giveaways related to the art that I do.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP