TOT School - Week 3 (25 months)

>> Sunday, September 12, 2010

Tot School
(Nudgie is 25 months old)


We really didn't do a lot of structured activities this week.  My MIL has been in town.  She came into town to watch the girls so that I could go to my MOPS planning retreat this past weekend.  I've been wrapped up this past week with getting prepared for that.  (I'm the Publicity Coordinator this year!)

So, overall, while Nani was in Kindergarten, mommy ran errands and Nudgie spent a lot of quality time with her Nana.  I don't have pictures of these great moments, but I do know that Nudgie danced, colored (in both coloring books and on the walls!), sang, did puzzles, played outside, and watched Sesame Street and Little Einsteins.

We did do a fun activity on Monday though!  Initially, I had planned to do a lesson a week on "All About Me" - mostly focusing on the body parts.  I found "The Foot Book" at the Goodwill and had planned on incorporating that into the lesson.  So on Monday morning, we went out into the back yard and read "The Foot Book."


When we finished the book, I put an old sheet on the grass in the back yard and put out some plates with paint.  The girls were then told to step in the paint and run across the sheet -- painting with their feet.  Nudgie was a little unsure at first, but then really got into it after a bit.


Nani, of course, enjoyed every moment of it - helping little sister along the way!


After the feet, we pulled out some paint sponges -- and somehow mommy became the canvas instead of the sheet!


And the finished product!!


The girls had a ball -- and mommy too!

Hopefully this week, we'll get back on schedule!  We'll be adding a new activity on Fridays when I take Nudgie to MOPS with me!  (Praying she'll go to childcare a little easier this year!)

Have a great week everyone!

11 comments:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments September 12, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

AW! Fun Foot painting! :o) Just wanted to stop by and say hello! (Once again, cAtching up on some of my favorite reads!...ah! seems to be "How I roll"!)

Blessings & Aloha!

Michelle September 12, 2010 at 9:44 PM  

That looks like so much fun, I may have to try that with our art group!

Elizabeth September 13, 2010 at 7:42 PM  

Such a cute idea! I love it :) I bet they had a blast!

RedTedArt September 15, 2010 at 2:05 AM  

My son ADORES painting with his feet. We have never quite done it at this scale, but it looks so much fun! High Five for mommy getting involved too!!!

Would love for you to stop by at Kids Get Crafty and link up too? Every Wednesday at Red Ted Art. This week's link is here:http://www.redtedart.com/2010/09/15/kids-craft-the-mona-lisa/

Hope to "see" you later?

Thanks!

Maggy

RedTedArt September 15, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

Thank you for indeed stopping by!!

See you again next week (?)

Maggy

amandab September 15, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

My daughter would always do foot painting whenever there was fingerpainting out (luckily we were always outside) but I'd never thought about doing it on anything other than paper! :)

Unknown September 17, 2010 at 3:16 AM  

This looks like a great outdoor activity. What fun!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP