A Little Update.....

>> Thursday, September 30, 2010

I've realized as I look through my past posts that I really haven't been writing too much about my family lately.  I just haven't been writing much - period.  I'm still trying to figure out a balance between Nani's Kindergarten, Nudgie's Tot School, MOPS and writing the newsletter, FRG, and keeping my home in order.  Trying to fit in sessions at the gym has been almost non-existant and my body is definitely feeling it.  I really need to get back to taking my vitamins!   Craziness.  Sheer craziness I tell you!

So, I'll give a quick update here!

Nani's doing great in Kindergarten.  Just thriving!  Her teacher is sending home 1st-grade level homework with her already.  It seems that she's breezing through the worksheets in class and is asking for more!  In addition to her regular homework from school, we've been giving her some "extra-credit" work as well.  Mostly worksheet related to what she's learning that week.  She really surprised me the other day when, after lunch, we sat down to read a "Dick and Jane" book and she was able to read two entire chapters on her own -- sounding out the words she didn't know.  I was so proud of her!!  She's also started back up with ballet again too.  We're limiting her activities for now -- I just hate being so overextended!

Nudgie's doing well with Tot School.  She amazes me every day with some of the new things she learns.  She loves to "co-wer" and is always saying "Wook!"  "Wook Mommy!"  I call her my little sponge because she just soaks up everything we expose her too!  And everything big sister does, she has to do too!  I think it's adorable, but I know, at times, it really annoys Nani to no end!

My Marine is still staying busy as always!  Late night flying, weekend missions, and now an upcoming school for 3 weeks.  He still finds time to check off the tasks I have on his "honey-do" list!

And I'm just.....well, just me, I guess!  Maintaining our home, hosting family visits, writing, participating in MOPS....just trying to stay busy and relaxed at the same time!  Ha!  Just this past weekend I attended the Women of Faith conference here in Denver with my good friend, Robin.  She and I went last year (it was my first year) and we're trying to make this a yearly tradition for us.  It was one of the most amazing weekends!  I heard so many messages loud and clear and heard some amazing worship music as well.  I definitely came away from that weekend with my tank full and recharged spiritually!

Now - if I could only get my body to catch up and stop yawning - we'd be in business!

2 comments:

Kerry September 30, 2010 at 3:20 PM  

Your life sounds very full - of blessings and God's richness!

Who was at WOF? I have not been in YEARS but heard that Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife Mary Beth might be there...but then I forgot to check out tickets and such. I'm glad you enjoyed it, I miss it!!

Natalie PlanetSmarty September 30, 2010 at 4:30 PM  

Wow, you have a busy life. It's great that Nani enjoys school so much, it sounds like she is doing wonderful!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP