TOT School - Week 2 (25 Months)

>> Friday, September 3, 2010

We had a pretty busy and fun week! 

For Nudgie's trays this week, we had colored pompoms that I had glued magnets to.  These were originally for a rainbow game that I created for Nani.  Nudgie loved pulling them out and putting them on the magnet board.


Since the felt shapes were such a big hit last week, I kept them on the tray for another week. She really loved playing with these....so much so that the laminated words fell apart. So I have to re-laminate them this weekend!


Another tray was for beading and lacing activities. Nudgie's having a little bit of a hard time grasping the concept of grabbing the string once it's through the bead. We put that one away for a little bit, but we'll keep trying. So, instead, I swapped out the beading for the scooping and pouring of beans. Nudgie literally sat for about 45 minutes scooping and pouring beads into bowls, muffin tins, bottles, and plates. At one point, she brought a bowl over to me and would proceed to walk across the room with a scoop full of beans.




Nudgie's last tray included some color matching games.  One was made from paint samples that I've been hoarding collecting. I cut squares out of the center and have her match them up. We also did a color match game with colored popsicle sticks.



Some extra activities this week included some chipboard scrapbook embellishments with a Disney Princess and Snoopy theme.  I put some magnets on the back of them so the girls could play with them on the magnet board.  I'm pretty happy with how they turned out and Nudgie really loves playing with them -- especially with big sister!

I also introduced the letter "G" and the color "green"




We also hit the ARC thrift stores this week and scored big in the book department!  I found the Disney Princess series on manners and behavior for .50 each!  We also found some great lift the flap books and a beginner Disney "I Spy" book.  All of which Nudgie had to try to read in one sitting!


 

And finally, my favorite pictures from the week.....

Taking a nap snuggling with her stuffed "Mousey"


A little misplaced green dot

13 comments:

Heather Jones September 4, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

Cute!! She's a little intense studier of things isn't she? :)

Unknown September 4, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

I am your newest follower. I hope you can follow me back at http://mylifeadventurebyme.blogspot.com/.
Your family is adorable. Looks like a great week of school :)
God Bless,
Shelley

Annette September 5, 2010 at 2:38 PM  

I love your ideas! I will have to put the scooping beans on my list this week of things to do! (I love those kinds of things!) And making magnets out of the scrapbook embellishments . . genius! Thanks so much for sharing!

Mozer September 5, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

So am I allowed to say again that I love your pink magnet/chalk/felt board!

When you added the magnets to the pom poms, did you hot glue them or what? I would think the magnets would pull off easily.

Tiff September 5, 2010 at 9:41 PM  

Visiting from tot school!
Loved the beans in the muffin tins! I will definitely be adding that to our activities for this upcoming week! Looks like you had a fun week!

Angela September 6, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

Great pics! Too fun! Thanks for the idea of visiting the thrift shops as well! I need a few more muffin tins I think!

Julia September 6, 2010 at 2:25 PM  

What a fun week! I love the scrapbook/magnet idea!!

Andrea September 6, 2010 at 7:14 PM  

Do you have a tutorial for the magnet/felt board? It looks so neat!

Our Family for His Glory September 6, 2010 at 9:35 PM  

What wonderful ideas! Your little one is so cute- working so hard, but learning so much!
Jessica

Jennifer Haas September 7, 2010 at 11:24 AM  

What Fun! She is such a lucky girl!! What a great mom you are.

Rachel September 9, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

Looks like a fun week at your house! Love all of your great ideas!

Unknown September 11, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

I love your felt board! Its so big awesome!!! You have a beautiful blog! I am a new follower, and fellow homeschooler! Stop by sometime!

Melissa

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP